Brian Stann Wants to Fight Bisping

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Unlike many of his countrymen, Stann admits he does not have an opinion on Bisping as a person because he does not know him. However, he does have his views on what Bisping recently said about his ground skills, which were belittled by the Brit as a way of lowering the hype surrounding Sonnen's wrestling.

Now Stann wants to have a very public say against Bisping, insisting he would try to knock him out if the UFC made the fight.

"I don't know Michael personally so I think sometimes he gets a bum rap and I have learned not to judge people off the media," Stann told EsNewsReporting.com.

"[But] after my last fight he had a few comments about my technique and who I was as a fighter that I thought were a little off. He called me a white belt and said I was exposed so I would love to see him just put his money where his mouth is so we can fight and we can solve that.

"He may be a great guy, I don't know, maybe he is, but I would just like to compete against him since he made those comments. "I wouldn't try to do anything but walk straight through him with a right hand."

Actually I like this match. I'd be happy to watch, seems like it could have the potential to be a great standup battle.

Last edited:

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Yeah, great fight.

Stann/Sakara just seems like a formality, after he gets through that, I'd like to see this. Think I'll take Bisping now though, he probably beat Sonnen if we are being fair, and showed great TDD whereas Sonnen put Stann on his ass at will. Before that fight I would have picked Stann to beat Bis though.

Bisping's stock is high at the moment, this fight could easily be a contender fight.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Would be very happy if we get to see this fight. Good match-up and as mentioned it would be close to being a contenders match. Would have to give it to Bisping just on how both guys dealt with Sonnen.