Brett Rogers: 'Dana White Needs to Man Up And Pick Up a Phone'

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
brett-rogers-mug-shot-530x319_large.jpg
Former Strikeforce heavyweight contender, Brett Rogers, has mostly stayed out of the spotlight after being arrested back in June for third degree assault, domestic assault, and endangerment of a child after an alleged domestic violence incident involving his wife. Now Rogers has a fight scheduled for September 23rd against former UFC fighter, Eddie Sanchez, on a Titan Fighting Championships HDNET-televised card, and so he's started to open up a bit to the MMA media.

In an interview with FCFighter.com, Rogers gives his take on the arrest and the backlash he's received since then:

"Don’t believe everything you read. For me to do something (violent), you have to do something to me first. I’m fighting for my family – to put food in the family. Every second I’m fighting, I’m thinking about my family and how I can better their lives. Everything got blown out of proportion," Rogers continued. "It’s over and done with. My attorney is taking care of business and making sure things are straight and that I’m home where I need to be so I can provide."​
More interestingly, Rogers had some strong words for UFC president Dana White, who apparently won't take Rogers's calls after the fighter was fired by Zuffa following his arrest:

They could have given me a little more respect," said Rogers, who competed in a total of five Strikeforce bouts while spending two years with the promotion. "I got out of jail and tried calling them, but no one picked up the phone or returned my calls. I felt like people were just avoiding me, so I gave up. Dana White needs to man up and pick up a phone."

"UFC isn’t the only thing out there. I’ve always wondered what it would be like to fight out East in Asia," he said. "I’m hoping something like that can happen down the line. I’m going to keep my options open."

Below is a video of Rogers appearing on Inside MMA earlier this weekend where he discussed the arrest, and his new training camp in preparation for the Sanchez fight: