Brendan Schaub and Fabricio Werdum Eye Potential Matchup

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Fabricio Werdum wants to return to the UFC, and Brendan Schaub wants to welcome him back. The TUF runner-up told ESPN he’d like to fight the Brazilian, and TATAME spoke to Werdum about the match-up.

“I’m here to fight whoever the put in front of me,” said Fabricio, who shared a mat with Schaub one day before the interview, at Mark Muñoz’s gym.

“Let me tell you this story,” Werdum started. “I went to Mark’s and he (Schaub) was there. We didn’t trained together, but we did train on the same mat, the same techniques. On the next day, Mark called us to do a sparring and I went back there expecting to train with Schaub, but he wasn’t there. I was already excited to do it”.

Hours later, Werdum saw Brendan’s interview. “I think he underestimated me. I don’t know what he thought. Let’s do it, I’m in”.

It’s up to you now, Joe Silva

MMANews.com

it started off with a simple statement from Brendan Schaub, and has blossomed into something more. It's well known that Fabricio Werdum is looking to return to the UFC and he's apparently willing to grasp at any olive branch that might lead him there, no matter how small. After Schaub said Werdum would be an interesting opponent in an interview last week, Werdum responded on twitter today with a challenge:

Then Fabricio's tweet calling out Schaub and retweeting other guys like Anderson and Wanderlei

@FabricioWerdum
Fabricio Werdum @BrendanSchaub I'm ready for you, anytime, anywhere! @SpiderAnderson @kings_mma @wandfc @graciemag_br @TATAMEMAGAZINE @marco_goncalves

"It’s nothing disrespectful in any way. I think Werdum is No. 5 in the world in some rankings, an absolute nightmare, and man he got word of that and I woke up this morning to about 10 missed calls and 20 text messages and my Twitter is just blowing up with Werdum saying he’s ready for me anytime," Schaub commented. He's not about to back down though

"Let’s do this. Tell me where to sign," Schaub said addressing Werdum directly. "I’m always ready. You never have to get ready if you’re always ready. A big card would be that Super Bowl card early February, something to think about.

"Tell me where to sign."

There were rumors he was going to face Shane Carwin at UFC 141 before Carwin pulled out, though some inside sources have shot that down. Would Schaub be an appropriate opponent for Werdum's return to the UFC?

BloodyElbow.com