Breaking Down the Official UFC Undisputed 3 Roster: Heavyweights, Middleweights and F

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
UFCUndisputed3Pack_Silva_large.jpg
After breaking down the light heavyweight and lightweight divisions, THQ has released the roster for three more weight classes from the upcoming UFC Undisputed 3 video game. Here's their official roster for the Heavyweight, Middleweight, and Featherweight divisions.

UFC Undisputed 3 Heavyweight Roster UFC Undisputed 3 Middleweight Roster UFC Undisputed 3 Featherweight Roster Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira Alan Belcher Jose Aldo Ben Rothwell Anderson Silva Chad Mendes Brendan Schaub Brian Stann (New) Kenny Florian Brock Lesnar Chael Sonnen Diego Nunes Cain Velasquez Chris Leben Cub Swanson Cheick Kongo Court McGee (New) Fredson Paixao Frank Mir Demian Maia George Roop Gabriel Gonzaga Jason Miller (New) Erik Koch Junior dos Santos Jorge Rivera (New) Javier Vazquez Mirko Filipovic Kendall Grove Josh Grispi Pat Barry Mark Munoz (New) Leonard Garcia Roy Nelson Michael Bisping Manny Gamburyan Sean McCorkle (New) Nate Marquardt Mark Hominick Shane Carwin Rousimar Palhares (New) Mike Brown Stefan Struve Vitor Belfort Raphael Assuncao Travis Browne (New) Wanderlei Silva Zhang Tiequan Yoshihiro Akiyama Yushin Okami

After the jump, a complete breakdown including several notable snubs from the video game.

After breaking down the light heavyweight and lightweight divisions, THQ has released the roster for three more weight classes from the upcoming UFC Undisputed 3 video game. Here's their official roster for the Heavyweight, Middleweight, and Featherweight divisions.

UFC Undisputed 3 Heavyweight Roster UFC Undisputed 3 Middleweight Roster UFC Undisputed 3 Featherweight Roster Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira Alan Belcher Jose Aldo Ben Rothwell Anderson Silva Chad Mendes Brendan Schaub Brian Stann (New) Kenny Florian Brock Lesnar Chael Sonnen Diego Nunes Cain Velasquez Chris Leben Cub Swanson Cheick Kongo Court McGee (New) Fredson Paixao Frank Mir Demian Maia George Roop Gabriel Gonzaga Jason Miller (New) Erik Koch Junior dos Santos Jorge Rivera (New) Javier Vazquez Mirko Filipovic Kendall Grove Josh Grispi Pat Barry Mark Munoz (New) Leonard Garcia Roy Nelson Michael Bisping Manny Gamburyan Sean McCorkle (New) Nate Marquardt Mark Hominick Shane Carwin Rousimar Palhares (New) Mike Brown Stefan Struve Vitor Belfort Raphael Assuncao Travis Browne (New) Wanderlei Silva Zhang Tiequan Yoshihiro Akiyama Yushin Okami

After the jump, a complete breakdown including several notable snubs from the video game.

The Heavyweights:

2 - new additions to the roster, with one deserving of the slot, and one head scratcher. I'll leave it at that.

12 - fighters from the UFC Undisputed 2010 game that aren't listed on this roster. Most of them have been cut or have retired, with a few of them probably making it on the PRIDE division. Here are the 12 fighters missing from the current list:

Andrei Arlovski, Antoni Hardonk, Eddie Sanchez, James McSweeney, Justin McCully, Kimbo Slice, Marcus Jones, Todd Duffee, and Mostapha Al Turk. There are also three guys on last year's game that might be on the PRIDE Roster - Heath Herring, Fabricio Werdum, and Dan Severn.

Notable Snubs:

Randy Couture - Like what I mentioned on the light heavyweight breakdown, the UFC Hall-of-Famer also wasn't on last year's roster from that whole issue with his rights being signed to the guys at EA MMA.

Alistair Overeem - He hasn't signed with the UFC at the time the developers made the roster, so this isn't really surprising, but hopefully they added the slim version of himself to the PRIDE roster... or at the very least, make the mammoth sized version available for DLC.

Matt Mitrione - I fail to see why they included McCorkle, and not Mitrione.

Mike Russow - He's in the top 20, but I'm pretty sure there aren't much guys up in arms about him being snubbed.

Joey Beltran and Dave Herman - Herman was a recent addition to the UFC, so it's understandable why he's not here. Either way, they're not exactly the most popular guys on the roster anyway.

Kimbo Slice - Yeah, I know he got cut, but since he was in the game last year anyway, I was really hoping to set him up on freakshow bouts in PRIDE.

The Middleweights:

6 - New additions to the roster, with the most notable guys being Stann, Mayhem, Munoz, and Palhares.

8 - Fighters from UFC Undisputed 2010 that aren't listed on this roster, with a few probably making it to the PRIDE division. Here are the 8 guys missing from the list:

Dan Miller, Drew McFedries, Nate Quarry, Patrick Cote and Wilson Gouveia, with a few guys that might make the PRIDE list - Dan Henderson, Denis Kang, and Ricardo Almeida.

Notable snubs:

Dan Miller - Sure, he's hit a rough patch lately, but the guy is still on the top 25 in the world, and was also on the last video game. Jorge Rivera made the list, so I think Miller should be in it too.

Tim Boetsch - He recently just dropped down to middleweight, so it's pretty understandable that he's not listed here. He's pretty talented though, and I think he deserves a slot.

Chris Weidman - Also understandable for not being in the game, as he just recently cracked the top 25, with two big wins.

The Featherweights:

16 - fighters on the roster, all of them are obviously new additions with the featherweight and bantamweight divisions being included.

1 - Surprising entry, Zhang Tie Quan. Some people might complain that he made the game over the snubs that are listed below, and with him not exactly looking that great in the UFC, I wouldn't blame them for thinking that. I personally think it's great, and I'm looking forward to having multiple guillotine attempts per round. I wonder how much units of this game they can sell in China because of this.

Notable Snubs:

Hatsu Hioki - He's one of the best in the world, but he's just about to make his debut on UFC 137, so I would understand why he's not yet in the game.

Michihiro Omigawa - He's top 15 in the world, although he's just a recent addition to the UFC roster, and he hasn't exactly impressed everyone on his UFC fights so far.

Tyson Griffin - He was on last year's roster, and after having a tough run at lightweight, he made a successful featherweight debut against Manny Gamburyan and eventually cracked the top 10. He made his return to featherweight at the same month Florian made his, so I guess they should've included him in the game as well.

Dustin Poirier - He's in the top 15 as well.

Rani Yahya, Darren Elkins, and Robert Peralta - These recent additions to the top 25, aren't really among the most popular fighters in the roster, so there might not be a lot of people upset about this.