Brash Reality

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Petty

If You Smell....
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
FqVfLpp
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ
Favorite Sports Team
VLDeBdf
Favorite Sports Team
5HahPWE

ib1CytiFPawDAR_zps2ced78f5.gif

"The size of your success is measured by the strength of your desire; the size of your dream; and how you handle disappointment along the way.”
Robert Kiyosaki

Last week I came back to professional wrestling after exactly a two year hiatus, and I showed the world why Cyrus Riddle ONLY got his shine in PWF cause I was not around. He only survived anywhere cause I decided to walk away. Last week I came, I saw, I conquered the Archetype of Excellence. The question many ask me when they see me now, are you satisfied? Well, you’re awfully nosey and, it’s quite clear you marks have not a clue about The Franchise. The man himself can be seen coming into view, standing outside a building that is barely in any good condition. It looks like a high gust of wind could blow it and the foundation away. The air outside is crisp in Cincinnati, the weather there can’t make up it’s mind anyway. One day it can be sixty degrees and the next day fifteen degrees and snowing in April. He is wearing a black Cincinnati Red’s hoodie with some black jogging pants and he is standing outside of the building. He shoved his hands into the pockets of the hoodie as he began to speak out loud.

“World Wrestling Syndicate, last week you seen the beginning of a new franchise. A franchise begins with desire to be the best. I’ve always strived to be the best. And, I started by beating the best this company had in Cyrus Riddle. I’ll be honest though, I didn’t think he would show. I mean it was clear you can see he was rattled. But, this brings me to why I am standing in front of this broke down building. This place here is the pillar of my wrestling life. Without this building I wouldn’t be here. I wouldn’t have been able to handle success or the disappointments of my life and in this business. This building behind is where I had some of my first shows, where I met a lot of people who are no longer in my life. A life I wish they can still be apart of.”

His face turned sullen as he looked toward the building, his voice no longer coming through the voicebox, his deep tone with it’s mid-western thickness no longer there. The wind blew as he looked at the spray painted letters that have corroded due to the elements of the four seasons, much like himself. He had different elements of moods. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath before going on.

“Some of you here may know of these people, and alot of you don’t. Namely, Kevin “The Bull” Putteet and my ex-wife Karen. Sure, one would trade all of that stuff in for success. I did. And, sometimes it has been the best decision and the worst decision of my life. I know what your wondering now. What does this have to do with Cyrus Riddle, you being The Franchise. You being the future, and you coming back to the business after leaving it.”

He slowly turned toward the camera, that sullen look given into the rage burning in his eyes, as the flesh of his nose begin to crinkle up as a snarl grew across his lips, those eyes. Those cold piercing eyes able to shake the most fearless person in the world to their core. Able to awaken your inner child and question everything about yourself like he had to often do every single night coming out to entertain all of you.

“Last week, it became clear to some people why I left the business. It’s because of these people and the ungrateful entities in this business that want to suck the joy out of something they don’t respect. I’m here to show the world that it needs me. Pulse Wrestling, Riddle, Cutter, Randall and even my opponent this week know that place died without having people like me. People like Kevin who had a chance to do something with that company, a company who wouldn’t give me a chance. And, I’m better than him! I’m better than Riddle, and Randall. I still AM BETTER DAMN IT! But, see that’s where the line blurs. Alex Scott, this is a man I respect. I respect him for a lot of reasons. I respect him because, he is just like me. Likely, without all of the baggage. But, see that’s why this week. That flame has been lit inside me, and it’s slowly growing. But, I need someone like Alex to take me to the depths that I have long forgotten. It’s like this crisp cold air, it’s so bitter. I’m bitter. I hate you all for forgetting me. When I wasn’t making your ratings shoot through the roof like I can. When I wasn’t making you money off my merchandise. When I needed to reevaluate my life and, leave to go live some other passions I have. You know what you all did? You turned your backs on me. The fans, my friends, my family, this business. You guys always wanted more, give me more. It’s not enough. Steve, Steve, Steve, Steve.”

His face left it’s angry expression, as he lowered his head to look down at the concrete cracks down at his shoes, he studied them for a moment, as he spoke in a whisper, but he can still be heard. The deep tone in his vocals coming through crisp and clear. Nothing being left inaudible.

“The world owes me. This business owes me. Kevin owes me. Riddle paid his price last week. But, you Alex Scott. You don’t owe me anything. But, our first meeting ever in our careers couldn’t come at such a bad time for you. I know all about you Scott. Unlike most people you likely have faced or stood across that ring from. I’m a true student of this business. This is my life. This is my passion. This is what makes me feel alive. That is something else we have in common. People like Riddle and Kevin, they just seen this as a quick way to make money. A quick way to leech off a quick buck from the business. Using people like us who expect nothing short of perfection of ourselves. You see Alex you need people like me, and I need people like you. Often times our history is unwritten. But, as The Franchise and you as The Awesome One. Our paths were destined to be crossed. That surely has been written and fate has a crazy way of working itself out. See, you can look into these eyes Alex Scott. And, you know. You know I’m no Krisis or Cyrus Riddle. I’m the likes of something you never faced but, something seems so familar. How ironic is it that you will be standing across the ring from your American counterpart in Atlanta, Georgia in just five days? And, believe me I respect very few in this business Scott. But, I respect you. I plan to give you the absolute best of me. I had to come home because, of this. I haven’t been home in six years. I haven’t spoken to some of my closest friends in just as long. I have to come home to see what made me. You should consider yourself blessed Alex. Because, I respect no one. So, this thing that is going to go down between us. Understand, it’s just business. It’s nothing personal whatsoever. You stand between me and something I need. Something that I need to make me whole again. You have also the ability to make me feel something I haven’t felt in a long time. And that is: Alive.”

He can be seen pointing his right index finger at his heart, his eyes transfixed on you. The eerie overcast of clouds just behind him and this abandoned gym. That abandoned gym is Kevin “The Bull’ Putteet’s gym. He smiled.

“This man. I’m sure you know him. He was on PWF with us. I brought him in. My therapist tells me I haven’t forgiven him. And, that he wanted to be me. I’m sure Alex we are the same. We at one time wanted to help our friends be something. But, they just wanted you to hand it to them. See Alex, the future is Unwritten like a empty book. But, this week we have both something the other person is missing. A chapter that this business has never seen. Nor, will even be ready for. Are you ready to be Franchised? Because, I’m ready to go one on one with The Awesome One. So, please bring me all you got. You're the last person on this roster that comes from PWF that I need to see. I’ll see you soon. Mr. Scott.”

He looks at the fading sign, as it is truly symbolic of him and Kevin’s friendship. Fading and just a memory. The same can be said of his mentor of this business. The same can be said of personal life. His ex-wife. His best friend Cecil. All of them at one point or another forgot what he has done for them. And, in a greedy attempt to make themselves remain relevant, or jealousy or whatever the driving force may be: decided that everything they experienced, everything they shared. Every night on those long roads meant nothing and the almighty dollar meant more. Sure, money can be the root to all evil. But, he didn’t think it would be at the expense of his sanity. At the cost of his fragile image. Something that has been blurred with so many lines that he has to find himself again. And, he has to start where it all begin. This business. After all, they say to find oneself they have to travel back to what they know. Because, running away doesn’t change reality. And, the reality is: The size of your success is measured by the strength of your desire; the size of your dream; and how you handle disappointment along the way.