Brandi Rhodes Deletes Tweet On Black Wrestlers Not Getting Love

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Buffy

The Vampire Slayer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
bretthart
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
On Friday night, AEW Chief Brand Officer Brandi Rhodes sent out a tweet in which she wondered why black wrestlers who are “busting it in main events and holding championships” are not getting enough love.

Brandi wrote:

This might start some [poop emoji], but let’s talk. I see a lot of people complaining on here that there aren’t enough black talent featured in wrestling…YET…when black talent is out there busting it in main events and holding championships…where’s the love?? Am I just missing it?!
Although Brandi would delete the post, her question to the wrestling world didn’t go unnoticed, as many fans have been tweeting at her with their thoughts.

As noted, Rhodes to the Top, a reality series starring Brandi and Cody Rhodes, will premiere on Wednesday, September 29 at 10 pm ET on TNT. The one-hour premiere will air immediately after AEW Dynamite. Shows that follow will be 30 minutes long.

You can see a screengrab of Brandi’s deleted tweet below:

Brandi.png
Source: Someone needs to take Brandi's twitter away from her. :MJ2:

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I think I see a lot of black folk unfairly criticized like they're under a microscope when they start getting pushes myself but it is what it is :draper2 if you bring it up then it becomes "oh I can't dislike this black wrestler without being racist?" And I give no fucks about participating in that lmao

Reactions: Jimmy King

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Big swing and a miss if you ask me, but not surprised really coming from her. I'm gonna assume given the timing of this that's it shot towards the WWE management?

She might want to look closer to home in her own company and analyse the lack of black talent in the top spots there or holding titles...

Last edited:
Reactions: Jimmy King

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Big swing and a miss if you ask me, but not surprised really coming from her. I'm gonna assume given the timing of this that's it shot towards the WWE management?

She might want to look closer to home in her own company and analyse the lack of black talent in the top spots there or holding titles...

The shot would be to fans if anything not to anyone's management bc she's not complaining about the lack of black talent anywhere but saying there's a lack of support for the black talent when they actually are pushed

Reactions: Hidden Blaze

Buffy

The Vampire Slayer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
bretthart
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
As a black man myself and I will keep this classy. Not throw a fit. I will just say this. That tweet she made was tone death.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
The shot would be to fans if anything not to anyone's management bc she's not complaining about the lack of black talent anywhere but saying there's a lack of support for the black talent when they actually are pushed
I also thought of that angle aswell but that makes even less sense to me. I'd say Bobby/MVP have been getting alot of love throughout the Hurt Business tenure and still are now. Bianca has gotten lots of love and probably even more since SummerSlam. Sasha is always loved. Big/NewDay, Street Profits...do we really need to go on?

That's why I thought it was a shot at management personally over the Bianca incident specifically because even though it would still be a garbage take, there's at least a little plausibility to it.

Reactions: Chris

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I also thought of that angle aswell but that makes even less sense to me. I'd say Bobby/MVP have been getting alot of love throughout the Hurt Business tenure and still are now. Bianca has gotten lots of love and probably even more since SummerSlam. Sasha is always loved. Big/NewDay, Street Profits...do we really need to go on?

That's why I thought it was a shot at management personally over the Bianca incident specifically because even though it would still be a garbage take, there's at least a little plausibility to it.

Nah i think it's still a shot at fans she's just dumb lol you're giving her almost too much credit here IMO

Bianca especially I see a ton of negative comments about (and positive of course) so I imagine the catalyst here would be people weren't defending Bianca enough in her opinion so it was an excuse to call fans hypocrites for "wanting black talent but not appreciating them"

Not completely dissimilar to Ronda recent comments also jumping through hoops to try and call fans hypocrites lol

Reactions: Hidden Blaze

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
So she's an idiot whichever way we go with it?

:WOW

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2