Brad Pickett vs. Renan Barao Booked for UFC 138 in November

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
28bsneb_large.png
The UFC's November trip to the U.K. was only announced this morning and we're already getting news of fight bookings for the November 5th event. Just this afternoon, the promotion announced via Gareth Davies at the Telegraph, that two top-ranked bantamweights will meet on the UFC 138 card when Brad Pickett faces Renan Barao:

UFC President Dana White told the Telegraph: "In a huge fight for the Bantamweight title picture, top contenders Brad Pickett and Renan Barao are going to collide in Birmingham. Pickett is one of the very best fighters to ever come out of the UK but Barao hasn’t lost a fight since May 2005. Both guys have verbally agreed to the fight and this is a huge fight for the division."
Londoner Pickett, who verbally accepted the fight at 8pm tonight, explained: "I’ve wanted to fight in the UFC for so long. I was gutted that injury kept me from fighting at UFC 130 in Las Vegas but making my Octagon debut in front of my family and friends is just as good. I’m got a massive test at UFC 138, but I want to be the first ever British UFC champion and I’m going to beat Barao and then go on from there. I can’t wait!"​
Brad "One Punch" Pickett (20-5)
Win Ivan Menjivar (unam. decision) - WEC 53
Loss Scott Jorgensen (unam. decision) - WEC 50
Win Demetrious Johnson (unam. decision) - WEC 48
Renan "Barao" do Nascimento Mota Pegado (26-1)
Win Cole Escovedo (unam. decision) - UFC 130
Win Chris Cariaso (submission - rear naked choke) - WEC 53
Win Anthony Leone (submission - armbar) - WEC 49
UFC 138 coverage