Booker T says Royal Rumble may have been his last match

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
bookerrumble.jpg

This year's men's Royal Rumble may have been the final match of Booker T's in-ring career.

During the latest episode of his Hall of Fame podcast, Booker T said he doesn't think he's going to compete in the ring again following his appearance in this year's men's Royal Rumble match. Booker T was a surprise participant in the Rumble, entering at number 21 before being eliminated by Gunther.

"I’m gonna tell you right now, I think that's the last time people are going to see me in the ring altogether," Booker T said. "In Reality of Wrestling, I’m going to work with my students, but as far as putting my boots on again, that was the last time."

"It’s kind of sad too. I’m kind of choked up about it a little bit," Booker T said.

"It was a great exit for me. I don’t think it could have been better than that, but putting the old boots up, it’s kind of hard. I think that's it, I really do. I think that was the last time putting on the boots and getting back in the ring from that level. I think that’s the last time I really want to do it too at that level. I don’t think it can get better than that, seriously. But I want to thank all the fans for that moment."

The Royal Rumble was Booker T's first time wrestling for WWE since 2012. He's competed sporadically in recent years for his Reality of Wrestling training school/promotion.

Booker T is a two-time WWE Hall of Famer. He was inducted individually in 2013 and inducted as a member of Harlem Heat alongside his brother Stevie Ray in 2019.

Booker T is currently a color commentator for NXT and appears as a panelist on WWE pay-per-view preshows. Reality of Wrestling has announced that NXT wrestler Ivy Nile will be in action at their show in Texas City, Texas this Saturday.

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Sabretooth

Reaction score
He looked like shit so I’m glad. Man could barely walk or hit his moves properly. Best to hang it up.

#Waddles

- Retired Vet -
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
LmZfvje
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Was a favorite of mine for the longest time.

Getting older sucks.

But if that was his last, he ended it on a big stage.

Reactions: Marty McFourth