Bobby Lashley's Next Fight Cancelled

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
MMAScoops.com is reporting that due to personal reasons, Bobby Lashley (6-1) has been forced to withdraw from next week's Titan Fighting Championship 19. Titan CEO Joe Kelly had the following to say about the change…

"Unfortunately, with the things going on in Bobby's life right now, it was not the right time to have him fight. Bobby will be the main event on the next Titan FC card on Aug. 26, which will take place in Kansas City and feature other top fighters such as L.C. Davis, Brian Davidson, Eric Marriott and many more."

Here is the updated card for the show

James Krause vs. Clay French
Tonya Evinger vs. Sara McMann
Rob Kimmons vs. Brendan Seguin
Willian de Souza vs. Joe Wilk
Marcio Navarro vs. Nick Nolte
Daniel Gallemore vs. Alex Huddelston
Anthony Gutierrez vs. Cody Land

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I guess I missed something but did he get dropped from Strikeforce or something?

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Yeah, i'm not sure but i think he got beat up pretty bad by Chad Griggs last August which was Bobby's last fight with Strikeforce and then his contract expired and they decided not to re-sign him. Then Febuary of this year he signed with Titan Fighting Championship.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I knew about the fight where he basically got owned but never heard nothing about him not signing back with them. Heard about rumor about how he might be done with them to maybe go back to WWE or TNA but that was the end of it.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Yeah well, they were negotiating a contract with him when his old deal expired, and for some reason his old deal had a clause in it that while in negotiation for a new contract he could perform with any professional wrestling company, but not MMA. And i don't know what happened but they just didn't re-sign him i guess.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Bobby Lashley's contract has expired. Right now he's in the exclusive negotiating period, meaning he can't talk to anyone else in MMA, although his Strikeforce deal does allow him to do pro wrestling and he always expressed interest in going back. After the exclusive period ends, he can talk with other groups but Strikeforce would have the option to match any offers, although my understanding is Strikeforce hasn't expressed real interest in him after his loss to Chad Griggs. There has been no talk about Batista coming in of late and that fight only makes sense on CBS or PPV because of Batista's asking price. This is hardly the best time for him to be a free agent when his stock would be at a low point coming off his loss.

Lashley is of course coming off an ugly loss to Chad Griggs at Strikeforce: "Houston," not exactly an ideal position to be in when trying to negotiate a new contract.

Off to a quick 5-0 start to his MMA career, there was early hope that Bobby would improve his skill set much in the same way that current UFC heavyweight champion and former pro wrestler Brock Lesnar did. Those thoughts quickly evaporated and turned into dreams as Lashley, though he was winning, left a lot to be desired in his performances.

As for Lashley's future in the fight game, there do not seem to be many options. You can likely rule out the UFC. Strikeforce will almost assuredly be asking for Bobby to lower his asking price and will do so with a decent amount of leverage, something that "The Dominator" might not be too keen on.
MMAMania.com

I looked this up for ya.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
He really would just be better off getting back into wrestling. I never really bought into him turning into a successful guy in the world of MMA.