Bobby Lashley Criticized Backstage For Poor Mic Skills

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dylanfsd

Reaction score
One of the biggest things criticized in Bobby Lashley’s development as a main event superstar in WWE is his lacking of skill on the microphone. One backstage source familiar with the situation said that because Lashley did not grow up a wrestling fan he has yet to fully understand and appreciate the “cultureâ€￾ of wrestling. This prevents him from being able to generate fake emotion to make it genuine-looking during on-camera segments which causes his promos to suffer.

Lashley is aware of the fact that he is not a natural on the mic which only fuels his shortcomings as he has a fear of being embarrassed. Obviously the feeling backstage is that the ECW World Champ will overcome his shortcomings on the mic as long as he is willing to work at it and that is one of the few things that Lashley is having problems with.

Post your opinion if you want

Acideyez

Reaction score
I think that's 100 percent correct. But Benoit has never really had great mic skills either,but he made a great champ.As long as he works at I think he'll get it down.As long as he doesn't watch any Luger or Steiner promo tapes he'll be set rofl

03mnm

Reaction score
I really hope that Lashley can improve his mic skills cause he aint too bad in the ring if all fails WWE should turn him heel and get him a manager who will do the talking for him.

3lions

Reaction score
He should have never been pushed until his mic skills improved. That is the only thing which is holding him back. He has improved a lot in the ring since he debuted and has 'the look' WWE go for and is also recieving huge pops during his appearances. He has everything in his locker to be a ME star for years to come - except mic skills. If he is to amount ot anything in WWE (ECW Title means nothing), then he MUST improve on the mic. Until then, he should be a silent assasin.