Boardwalk Empire

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Boardwalk_Empire_2010_Intertitle.png

Couldn't find a recent thread on this show and I want to discuss it so here is a place to do just that. If you haven't seen the show it is basically a drama set in Atlantic City during Prohibition with Steve Buscemi in the lead role.

I was late getting into this show but watched Season 1 late last year, I think, and I really enjoyed it. The production quality can't be faulted and they chose such a cool era to go back to that it is just fun to watch. Buscemi is fantastic in the role of Nucky Thompson. This past weekend I finally got around to watching Season 2 and again enjoyed it although I am not too sure about the direction of some of the characters. Sometimes it does fall into the trap of style over substance but the style is so good that I can happily overlook that.

At the end of Season 2 I couldn't believe that they got rid of Jimmy. I know that he made some failed moves during that season but from watching the first two seasons I expected him to eventually take over from Nucky and become the lead of the show. Not sure where they go, or should I say went since Season 3 is done and dusted, from here but I will have to get the next DVD to find out.

Will need to chase down Season 3 when it is released next month to be completely up to date for when Season 4 starts to air.

Anyone else watch Boardwalk Empire?