Bloody Wraps - June 8: I'm Pretty Sure There's a UFC on Saturday

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
bloody_wraps_3_large.jpg
I was ready to rant. I really was. The Josh Barnett thing got under my skin a little bit. But I've calmed down. Instead, I'll leave it at this: When Josh said "I've no time or interest to keep answering q's on my license" I'm sure no one at the California State Athletic Commission found it to be untrue.

On to the news:

- While it's not a "done deal" yet, it does appear that the New York MMA bill is set to die. It's not shocking, and honestly it's not even as important as we make it out to be. But it is disappointing.

- Kenny Florian's transformation to a featherweight was discussed.

- The web streamed fights at UFC 131 were previewed by Dallas Winston, along with a separate post previewing the bout between Michihiro Omigawa and Darren Elkins.

- Jon Jones talked about his likely next opponent, Quinton Jackson. It was awkward and a little disappointing, but hey, the hype had to get going somehow.

- There are rumors swirling that the UFC is looking to purchase a controlling percentage of the G4 network. The network was removed from DirecTV after continued poor ratings and a failure to lower the cost for DirecTV to carry the station.

- Oh, and Anton's spectacularly popular How's Taste My Tweet Tweet feature ran this morning.