Bloody Wraps - June 06: Joe Rogan, Dana White, New York and Other Stuff

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
bloody_wraps_3_large.jpg
- Our most viewed story today was Dana White's "statement" on Joe Rogan's behavior. You know, the two line statement hidden off the UFC's front page that doesn't really provide any information and just exists for the sheer purpose of existing. Meanwhile, Rogan is encouraging people to harass a reporter who claimed that he called a fighter by a homophobic slur. You know, rather than contacting his editor or demanding a retraction. Not to mention, "I didn't use a slur on a fighter, I did it to a member of the media!" isn't really an impressive defense.

- New York's Tourism Committee passed the MMA bill, it's still likely to die at the Ways & Means committee though.

- In more positive news, Dana White announced a partnership with XBox 360 that shows the UFC's continued willingness to not only embrace existing new media but find new and innovative ways to connect with fans.

- Rick Story talked about his decision to take the Nate Marquardt fight and how he understands Jon Fitch not wanting to take a fight against him.

- The Ultimate Fighter 13 payouts were released. I understand that there was likely a locker room bonus and Anthony Pettis took home more in sponsorships and everything. But there's not really a format on Earth where I like seeing Shamar Bailey and Chris Cope making $2,000 more than Anthony Pettis and Ed Herman making $38,000 more.

- Josh Grispi's second loss in a row was a huge blow to the career of a guy who was on the verge of challenging Jose Aldo in the first ever UFC featherweight title fight. Kid Nate talked about where Grispi is at in his career now.

- Also, The Week in Quotes.