Bloody Elbow Radio Presented by Bad Boy: Mark Pavelich, UFC 131 Prelims

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score

Bloody Elbow Radio, presented by Bad Boy, was live Tuesday to discuss the latest in mixed martial arts. Hosts Matt Bishop, Forrest Lynn and Brian Hemminger of MMA Mania previewed UFC 131's preliminary card, discussed the rating for The Ultimate Fighter 13 Finale, Gina Carano's mysterious pull out, all the latest fight matchup news and more.

We were joined by MFC owner Mark Pavelich to preview Friday's MFC 30: Up Close and Personal card, which is headlined by a lightweight bout between Drew Fickett and Brian Cobb.

We talked with Pavelich about a variety of topics, including the status of the promotion's welterweight title following Douglas Lima's departure, the status of the lightweight title, the Hermes Franca situation, why he thinks MMA cards should be shorter, the need for good lawyers and random Zuffa litigation against him and the pressures of putting on solid cards for a national TV audience.

"I wake up and I feel that pressure all the time. Listen, I'm ecstatic to be with HDNet and have partners like Mark Cuban and Andrew Simon and all the people from HDNet. It's unbelievable. But at the same time, they have high expectations. It's my job to deliver. I'm not a guy that makes excuses, 'poor me, poor me,' none of that stuff. They want to see exciting stuff and it's my job to give it to them."

Bloody Elbow Radio returns at 4 p.m. ET Thursday. We'll be joined by Bellator CEO Bjorn Rebney.

Bloody Elbow Radio is sponsored by Bad Boy. You can purchase the new Junior dos Santos UFC 131 walkout T-shirt at BadBoyMMA.com. Follow them on Twitter and Facebook and tell them Bloody Elbow sent you.

Direct download link: episode-43-mark-pavelich-mma-discussion.mp3

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/bloodyelbowradio/2011/06/07/episode-43-mark-pavelich-mma-discussion.mp3*NEW* iTunes feed: Click here

RSS feed: bloodyelbowradio.rss

Or you can stream the show via our embeddable player: