BJ Penn Opens Up On Retirement, Not 100% Committed To It

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Pedro Carrasco of BJPenn.com has a new interview up in which former UFC Champion BJ Penn discusses his decision to retire and explains that although he isn't 100% committed retirement, he also isn't committed to a return to fighting.

You can check that out below and also check out the complete interview over at BJPenn.com

"You know what, me and the team have talked about this for a long time and we talked about this after the first Frankie Edgar fight. In Fighting you really get a lot of motivation and a lot of fire when you're out there trying to prove yourself and going out there being all you can be.

There's nothing else more that I like than fighting, but every once in a while you need to take some time away. As of right now I don't feel that burning desire, that burning urge to compete and I'm just going to hang out. If I feel that desire again than I will be back, but if I don't feel it than there is no reason for me to make a return.

PC: So just to be clear, you're not committing to retiring 100% but you're not yet committing to return to fighting either is that right?

BJ: "That's just the truth, I would love to fight again, I'd love to fight all these guys. Right now I don't have that burning desire to compete so as I sit down and just enjoy life, when and if that desire comes back I will be ready to fight again. I'm sure it will."

Personally, i'd love to see him fight again but i don't want him to retire and comeback over and over again.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I hope he doesn't do what some veterans have done where they come back again and again and keep losing and tarnish their legacy by acccepting too many fights when they are past it. If he does come back he needs to be completely dedicated to it to ensure that he gives himself the best chance to win.