'Bigfoot' Silva set to debut in UFC against Cain Velasquez in April

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Rodrigo Minotauro revealed on Saturday in his weekly column in the Rio newspaper Extra, that Antonio Silva signed with the UFC. His UFC premiere will be in April at an event to confirm. The opponent is to be none other than Cain Velasquez, former heavyweight champion and just lost his belt to Junior Dos Santos in November

Bigfoot has not fought since September, when he was knocked out by Daniel Cormier in the semifinal of the Strikeforce GP. The athlete of Team Nogueira should follow the natural path of some of the Strikeforce heavyweight, since the event purchased by UFC extinguish the category of the heavy end of the GP. That's what happened to the friend of Bigfoot, Fabricio Werdum, who confirmed his return to the Ultimate in February, against Roy Nelson chubby. The Brazilian giant underwent shoulder arthroscopy in November, but has returned to training.
Pretty interesting fight right their, likely to be the main event of the show. Nice to see that Silva is going to be in the UFC though.

The UFC hasn't officially confirmed this fight yet, so actually we'll have to wait and see.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Ah man... now that is gonna be interesting. I was wondering how long it would be before he would come into the UFC and who his first opponent would be. But if this is all legit... I really cannot wait. The heavyweight division is about to become very exciting again.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Yeah same. I wasn't thinking his first opponent was going to be Cain though :lol:

Hoping it's legit though, and yeah the heavyweight division is finally coming around and starting to look competitive again.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Silva's manager, Alex Davis, would only confirm that "Bigfoot" would be fighting in April, but offered no other details on who the opponent would be. Silva, who lost his last fight to Daniel Cormier, is returning from surgery on his shoulder this past November, but is now back to training full-time.

Seems a little more likely to happen now.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Bigfoot's pretty mediocre.

Good fight though.

Ben

Reaction score
Big Foot gets worked over here, surprised there throwing him to a big opponent right away, would be better off fighting someone in the Struve/Barry pack of HW.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Why not throw him into the wolves. If he succeeds then they can book him to somethin even bigger. If he loses... well Cain looks good against a Strikeforce top tier and it elevates him.

its a win/win situation.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Didn't expect Bigfoot to get this big of an opponent right away. It is a good situation for UFC though because no matter what happens it will work out well for them. I can't see him getting past Cain though and after this fight I see him facing someone around the level of a Struve.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
I don't think he should drop that far down if he were to lose to Cain... well depends on how he loses. If he just gets blasted and blown away... I'd say give him Schaub or Meathead. If it is a close loss then... I dunno... depends on the Big Country/Werdum fight. That way he still drops but it isn't such a huge hill to climb back up since Cain is good. If he wins... shoot... see Mir tap him out :p