Big Nog Returns To Training Today, After Breaking His Arm at UFC 140

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Sparring with Diego Braga that ended with submission via a modified scarf-hold.

“I felt very well. I missed training,†he told Fighters Only after he got his breath back.

“That was to be only a shadow training but I can’t resist myself. I still need around three weeks of conditioning preparation to sharpen my boxing with coach Erivan and then I will call master De La Riva and start training jiu-jitsu. I believe I will be back in a month.â€

Nogueira’s return to training was unexpected, since he got his arm broken fighting Frank Mir at UFC 140 in December. But before thinking of revenge or anything else, he has appointments scheduled with Team Nogueira colleagues.

"Junior dos Santos is arriving soon to train for the bout against [Alistair] Overeem, then some time soon Antonio ‘Bigfoot’ Silva and Anderson Silva will come. I need to be 100 per cent to train with these guys because they're tough guys,†he stated.

2.gif

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
He is returning rather soon to training. I was thinking he would be out a lil longer... but then again seeing how he was when his arm broke... it almost isn't all that surprising. That is one tough dude.

Still shoulda tapped before. Mir is one that if he has the sub locked in... you either tap or he will make it snap.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Yeah i thought i read a while back ago when he first broke his arm that he wasn't going to return to training until Apr-May and wouldn't fight again until late July-Aug. So good news for him that he's able to return to training earlier than expected so maybe now he'll be available for when the UFC heads back to Brazil in June.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
I'm sure he'll try his hardest to make sure he is at least available for it... but question is... IF he were to be available for it who could he face?

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
I have no idea lol, i don't think he'd fight Big Foot Silva and that's who i first thought.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Yeah I would have thought that too but yeah there is no way that is gonna happen. Hmmmmm... has to be someone