Big Debut *Spoilers*

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
RAW_1021_Photo_170.jpg

There was another big debut on RAW this time it was Big E Langston. Langston is a huge guy, former powerlifter who can be compared to a Bobby Lashley or even a Ryback. He debuted during the mainevent on RAW after AJ brought him to the ring and he attacked John Cena right away. He hit his finisher, Big Ending, on Cena and stood tall over Cena to close the show.

This is another high profile debut for a new guy, he took down the biggest name on the roster and was standing tall to close RAW. He actually only just won the NXT Championship from Seth Rollins a couple of weeks back as well so it remains to be seen what happens with that title.

What do you think of him? Will he be feuding with Cena right away and will we see him feuding with Ryback in the near future?

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
I'm a huge fan of Big E Langston, followed him in FCW and NXT. Reminds me of Bobby Lashley which actually trended on Twitter as did RYBLACK.

I'm glad he's debuted, I would like to see him be on his own and not involved with Shield because I could see him coming far.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I was surprised to see him debut so soon after winning the NXT Championship. I thought that they would have fine tuned him as champion before bringing him up to the main roster. He had a cool gimmick in NXT, with the five second pin, but wasn't the strongest talker. I can't see him being linked with The Shield, I just see it being the debut of a singles wrestler.

I wonder if AJ will stick with him and if there is some sort of partnership with those two and Ziggler as well. Would be a tough first feud against Cena, thrown in the deep end a bit, but it could work wonders for him. I wonder if they will, sometime during the feud if it happens, replay that footage of Cena letting the NXT guys train at his gym and Langston was featured quite heavily in that video.

Plenty of questions to be answered next week on RAW.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Just thinking...

Mason was trialed during house shows to be Ziggler's bodyguard, do you think Big E Langston will now fit that role and be Ziggler's bodyguard because that's how I see it right now.

Mick Donalds

Banned
Reaction score
Good luck to you, Big E.

I sure hope you can actually wrestle and talk.

I have my doubts.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I really wanted to hate this guy when I saw him on NXT but I just couldn't. His 5 count shtick is fun and his finisher looks pretty brutal but that's all i've seen from him so far as his matches have just been squashes. One thing is for sure though, he can't talk worth an ounce. I'll leave with you a video below.

[video=youtube;hiJ8LdmNStI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=hiJ8LdmNStI[/video]

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Well it's another attempt for WWE to get over a muslcebound guy to be someones protection.

Seen this a million times, and the only time this has ever worked was for Kevin Nash. High profile debuts only work if the guy involved is not to be the fall guy for the biiger star. Which I'm willing to guess is AJ, seeing as Ziggler still seems to not be apart of this.......or so it seems......dun dun dunnnnn.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
I guess just keep him as the silent destroyer... that could protect him and help him last a bit longer.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
He isn't the most intimidating looking, pretty small (height wise) and a regular looking guy facially.

Plus he had girly music playing while AJ skipped round him, basically killed his debut flat.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
From the glimpse of him we saw on Raw, Langston's movements seemed very fluid and smooth for a big guy. I look forward to seeing more.

I'm quite disappointed in that whole segment, though. The AJ thing. I mean, they FINALLY inject something into this angle to make me interested, AJ turning at TLC, and now they're going to draw out the explaination for it even further. The debut was alright, but I can already tell this will be another angle where WWE wait too long to pull the trigger and I completely lose interest by the time the fued culminates.

Mick Donalds

Banned
Reaction score
There's never going to be any good entrance music as long as Jim Johnston is still employed. The guy has NO idea what he's doing anymore.

SAL

Reaction score
The fact that they played AJ's music tells you all you need to know about where WWE stands with this guy right now. He's an instrument in this AJ/Ziggler/Cena/whatever thing and he wasn't brought up to get over right now. Which is good, because holy hell is that finisher terrible. I can't even tell how it's supposed to hurt. Is it like an elevated Stone Cold Stunner to the torso or something?

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Yeah cause the shield, nexus, or Cesaro debuted with music in the first night

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
There's never going to be any good entrance music as long as Jim Johnston is still employed. The guy has NO idea what he's doing anymore.

well everyone is rather generic now so its hard to create that superstar specific theme like back in the day when each theme seemed to be absolutely perfect for everyone