Big AEW Star supposedly leaving AEW for WWE? (Potential spoilers)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Storm Trooper

If I can be Storm Trooper for a Minute
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
zackryder
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
samizayn
Favorite Wrestler
7rtdSS0
Favorite Wrestler
88j8DYn
Favorite Wrestler
LmZfvje
Favorite Sports Team
RRzOmtg
Favorite Sports Team
bMIeUcR
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Name at the end of the post in spoilers, and using gender neutral pronouns to prevent spoilers in any sort of thread previews if those exist.

SRS put up a story on Fightful Select about it. This is honestly quite surprising. This person is a pretty big star for AEW and for them to up and leave like this for WWE is surprising to me. The story says that tonight was possibly their last night with the company as well.

The star that is supposedly finishing up is JADE CARGILL!

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
:banderas:

Would be a massive get for WWE if they managed to get them from AEW. I'll believe it when I see it though.

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
insert her vs my Queen directly into my veins :owens3

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I can see it and would not be shocked. Disappointing as an aew fan but also def can see why I would be a good fit. And long term might be best for all parties. Prob ur next nxt champ

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
certainly will be a big blow to the star power on the women's side but such is the business of having two large companies. I am happy for her if it works out better for her development in WWE, and I think long term it opens up more opportunities for others in AEW. I do genuinely think the PC can help her a lot too as she is still clunky at times and AEW doesn't have a training structure really. I get the move tbh

SRS also said Ricky Starks is likely making the jump too, which is obviously not shocking at all. all of Cody's pals

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Daddy Dom

Big D Energy
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Let's Fuckin Go!

Daddy Dom

Big D Energy
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Losing Starks be huge blow for AEW I think. That said I def don't know if he be pushed in Main Event scene of Raw Or SD but I think he be a guy sloted into a US Championship reign. I do think he deserves to be a main event guy.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I don't think losing Starks will be a big blow at all, and I say that as a huge fan. He just had one of the best matches of his career and has massive superstar potential...but that's never really been pushed too seriously in AEW until now. He's not really a major player, has never won a major title and loses most of his feuds. Perhaps TK knew this was the end game for him too.

I am not trying to disparage his skillset btw, in fact I think AEW did not maximize his usage and fumbled his booking a few times. Self fulfilling prophecy tbh

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Losing Jade is much worse, but I do think AEW has a good part of blame for that too. They didn't give her enough screen time like most of the women, didn't put her in enough non squash matches and didn't give her enough meaningful feuds. They never had her against any of the top women, either, like ever.

Time to call up Athena :garrett

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
All that to say though, this was always going to happen, and will continue to happen both ways. The reality is sometimes AEW will build up someone and they'll use that to get a WWE deal as step up into a more mainstream company and or hopes for hollywood. Some people that are underutilized in WWE will take a shot at AEW to raise their stock. People will move ''territories'' more and more for different reasons and we will likely see plenty of ups and downs for both companies over the next 5-10 years. I personally think it's a good thing anyways to see certain people in new fresh scenarios. I think Jade in WWE will be fascinating, because she always felt more like WWE type wrestler than an AEW workrate queen.

Daddy Dom

Big D Energy
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
I don't think losing Starks will be a big blow at all, and I say that as a huge fan. He just had one of the best matches of his career and has massive superstar potential...but that's never really been pushed too seriously in AEW until now. He's not really a major player, has never won a major title and loses most of his feuds. Perhaps TK knew this was the end game for him too.

I am not trying to disparage his skillset btw, in fact I think AEW did not maximize his usage and fumbled his booking a few times. Self fulfilling prophecy tbh
I disagree on not thinking it's a huge blow. The man has been nothing but a great mid card act and I mean he won the Owen beat punk 2x was paired with Taz was extremely over af. That Dainelson match was fantastic too.

Rip Team Taz.

Ricky is a guy to that could be in that miz type role where he can make something out of anything companies need guys l Iike that.

Daddy Dom

Big D Energy
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Losing Jade is much worse, but I do think AEW has a good part of blame for that too. They didn't give her enough screen time like most of the women, didn't put her in enough non squash matches and didn't give her enough meaningful feuds. They never had her against any of the top women, either, like ever.

Time to call up Athena :garrett
Oh losing Jade is fucking huge imo. Jade been one of the best AEW women's talents and had such huge hype round her. I love Jade absolutely love her. She's got the look, she's good in ring can talk too she prob gonna be pushed to the moon as well :proud

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I disagree on not thinking it's a huge blow. The man has been nothing but a great mid card act and I mean he won the Owen beat punk 2x was paired with Taz was extremely over af. That Dainelson match was fantastic too.

Rip Team Taz.

Ricky is a guy to that could be in that miz type role where he can make something out of anything companies need guys l Iike that.
I mean, in your own words, none of this spell BIG BLOW to me. losing a mid carder with top star potential suck but it's hardly going to set the company back considering the rest of the roster they got. Losing a blue chipper is not optimal but yeah, this dude was not brining in merch sales or mainstream fans. I do agree his feud with Danielson and Punk were good, but again, he is still just am id carder like you said, and he ultimately lost both those feuds.

I will miss him though and I think AEW waited too long to push him, and now it's kind of too late and the writing is on the wall. Tony will learn a lot of lessons this year I think

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Oh losing Jade is fucking huge imo. Jade been one of the best AEW women's talents and had such huge hype round her. I love Jade absolutely love her. She's got the look, she's good in ring can talk too she prob gonna be pushed to the moon as well :proud
how many matches of hers have you actually watched? I love Jade, but I gotta push back on this point lol

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
with Ricky the thing you have to consider too is he might struggle in WWE too - simply on the fact that they already also have a lot of mid carders doing jack shit rn

* Jade on the other hand can go right into nxt, and when ready has hoss matches with a lot of ppl - she will be 100% fine