Best Web Browser's

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Which Do You Use?

• Google Chrome

Votes: 12 70.6%
  • Mozilla Firefox

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Apple Safari

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Microsoft Internet Explorer

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Netscape Navigator

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Other

Votes: 3 17.6%

• Total voters

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
ONLY FOR WINDOWS

Google Chrome: A fast alternative browser that owns more of the market share than any other, beating Internet Explorer in 2011. The great quality doesn't come without consequences as the Chrome has a major strain on older PC's while having no strain on graphically less OS such as Windows 8-8.1 and Mac OS 10.8-Current.

Mozilla Firefox: Made by the now renowned Mozilla company. The second line up of browser's by Mozilla being the successor to Mozilla Phoenix which is still available at http://www.oldapps.com/firebird.php Firefox which is plagued by add on issues and the interface which usually has many graphical strains on all computers alike is currently the second largest market holder beating Internet Explorer in 2011.

Safari: The native Apple browser released in 2003 for all Macs and in 2006 for Windows. Made to compete with the then largest market holder Internet Explorer was met with average to bad reception due to having no tab options or a good web engine to run. Not to mention Internet Explorer had been leading the market for almost 10 years and 8 years at the time of Safari's release.

Internet Explorer: The native Microsoft browser that's 19 years old, had been leading the market in browser's for nearly 20 years, beating main completion Netscape or Mosaic in 1995 Internet Explorer was met with great reception as the Internet community hadn't met such great capabilities sadly Microsoft kept the same formula and it still has the same components as it had in 1995, meaning IE is the same since 95.

Opera: A light weight yet somewhat slow browser if you have older computers, made as a research project in 2002 it was released in full in 2003 leading the underground market until Mozilla popped in and left Opera with out an audience but still Opera hasn't given up and is operated today.

Netscape: The original web browser made in 1994 and released in 1995 was made in a college dorm and was named Mosaic, after some hefty business moves it had grown into a corporation and was re-named Netscape to shadow it's "Better is Cooler" theory after a while IE was released destroying Netscape, Netscape is no longer operated and closed down in 2008.

Downloads:

Firefox: http://www.oldapps.com/firefox.php
Chrome: http://www.oldapps.com/google_chrome.php
Internet Explorer: http://www.oldapps.com/internet_explorer.php
Safari: http://www.oldapps.com/apple_safari.php
Netscape: http://www.oldapps.com/netscape.php

Last edited by a moderator:

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
Google Chrome, in my experience, has always worked better and faster than any other I've tried. My secondary is Firefox. The worst, in my opinion, is Internet Explorer.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Opera, it really works well even on my Windows ME-2000 PC and it really is fast and has no RAM or memory problems and i vote others. OPERA!

Ovaldinho

Reaction score
Chrome is my fave but Opera is a close 2nd, I think the reasoning behind that is explained via Solidus' post.

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
Chrome. Mainly due to the spell checker whilst at work makes doing certain things that little bit easier.

Coon

Resident Rodent
Reaction score
I used Opera for a long time, mainly because it did everything I needed it to, but I mainly just use chrome these days since it synced all of my settings between laptop, PC and work computer.

Chrome is also is the easiest to get working when working on something, since it's compatible with most of the newer technologies and seems to handle them a lot better given it's running Google's in-house built javascript engine, meaning it'll always be cutting edge.

RoyalRaven

Fooqy Booqy Biggest Gamer Winner!
Banned
Reaction score
Whoever voted IE is either a troll or an idiot. Chrome does it's job, I like Opera too.

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
Joogle is the work of the devil. It's why I use Chrome.

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
Chrome for me. Firefox was horrendous on my computer. Opera is my alternative if Chrome fucks around. Internet Explorer I only use at work. Safari is something I never got into. Netscape the same as Safari.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Chrome for me. Firefox was horrendous on my computer. Opera is my alternative if Chrome fucks around. Internet Explorer I only use at work. Safari is something I never got into. Netscape the same as Safari.

Firefox is what i like to call a good thing gone bad, i use Opera since their was a breech in my Chrom causing random pop-ins i use IE for School since it has word integration and Opera is my default. I use Safari every now and then and Netscape is just flat out bad.

Lackin

I'm a F'kn Mark - It's my real name.
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
zFgjY9e
I used Safari for a while but then I was Born Again when I downloaded Chrome.

Tumbas' #1 Fan

Guardian
Reaction score
Chrome has always been my browser since I got it like a year ago. The only bad thing is that always after 3 months. It crashes and I have to delete it and re-install it. I voted for IE for the shits and giggles.