Best New Talent Acquisition

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Who is the best new talent acquisition?

• Manu

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Primo Colon

• Ryan Braddock

• Scotty Goldman

• Evan Bourne

• Jack Swagger

• Ricky Ortiz

• Gavin Spears

• Total voters

seX-Power

Who do you think is the WWE superstar that has come from the ECW talent initiative that will go the furthest. At the end of their respective careers, who will have held the most/if any World titles.

I honestly think it will be Jack Swagger/Jake Hager. This guy has the size and look and he pulled off some impressice moves in his debut. He worked the crowd really well and I have not seen him cut a promo but if he is average on the mic he can always get a manager. (if Burke wont be let to wrestle on ECW, then make him a manager for this guy if it is needed). I see Swagger being a multiple time World Champ in the future.

There are some others I can see ending up in the Main Event but imo, non will be as successful as Swagger, who has the total package.

Austin_316

Reaction score
Ricky Ortiz i would say atm because his agility, speed and power is awesome and i can see him as a future US or IC champ if he is used the right way. His look is different too so i hope they give him a decent gimmick to go with it.

World Champ

Reaction score
Evan Bourne atm has impressed but not sure if he can go all the way to the main event.

I dont think manu will last long because reminds me to much of umaga (the way he looks) unless they sart a new generation stable with orton dibiase rhodes and manu. But even in the stable he will just be the big man who jumps in people matches

seX-Power

^ that stable is happening

And how can you think that Bourne will be the most successful. He is the best wrestler definatly but he can not survive in the ME unless it's in ECW. You may not like it but Swagger/Ortiz/Goldman will all go further because they have the size and Vince doesn't like smaller men, but it make sense as otherwise it wont be believable with Bourne facing Heavyweights in the ME. The example of Rey Mysterio is irrelevant as look how he was joobed out in his insignificant title reign, in which his best match was against Sabu. Mysterio also is more unique and has the kind of high-flying style thast Vince likes more as it is safer. So im sorry, Bourne is superior in wrestling skills, but he will not be as successful. Also, he has no mic skills whatsoever.

Evil Austin

where is Bam Neely >< ! I mean he is pretty new aquisition for the year 08, might be early 08 but still he was signed this year >< I call it racism .... lol

Rated-R Punk

Reaction score
As far as immediately getting over with the fans, there could only be one winner and that would be Evan Bourne, but i don't know if he has world titles in him as already mentioned, he doesn't have the size to survive in the ME outside of ECW. So like X-Power, i think it will be either one of Swagger/Manu or Ortiz

Montana

Well, Ted Diabiase Jr. will likely be "rookie of the year" but i guess the thread is entitled new acquisition.

I agree with most others. Evan Bourne looks awesome now, but i can't see him going to raw/sd winning the world title. This is actually a really really good group, except Gavin Spears.

Of Swagger/Goldman/Ortiz, Goldman has the most potential by far. He hasn't been used for nothing but a jobber, but if they wanted, i think he could get over pretty easy. Swagger is good, but seems a little generic. Ortiz has the charisma, but isn't that great of a wrestler. So my pick would be Goldman, but it depends how wwe books him.

Christian

Reaction score
Evan Bourne is the shit. They even let him use a banned move, that shows how good he is tbh.

Switchy

Reaction score
I seriously don't think that any of them will reach the WHC/WWE title tbh. They are all talented if you ask me but from the current way things are going, it doesn't look like any of them will ever reach the very top.

Now as for the people with the highest chances I'd easily go for Evan Bourne and Scott Goldman.

Bourne is a top class wrestler but I cangoing no further than the ECW and tbh that's as far as I really want him to go because if he was a major ME'er in SD or Raw he'd get the Rey Mysterio treatment as champ.

As for Goldman, as Montana said he is being treated as a jobber and I think he could be hugely successful if given the chance but if he is used too much as a jobber as much as I hate to say it, Scotty Goldman could turn into Scotty 2 Hotty.

MikeRaw

Don't wanna sound repetitive, because everyone else already said it, but it's Evan Bourne. He's the only one (so far) making an impact. Most of the others are lucky to get on the show each week. But Bourne has made a strong fanbase (decent, for a newb), and as we all know, he puts on great matches.

Evil Austin

yea I mean they trsuted him to use a "Banned" move as his finisher that there is saying something letting him bring back the move after it was banned from around 05 I remember Paul London used to use it and so did RVD but they all got banned using it - thats also the reason why Taker stopped doing the last ride because it was banned and was dangerous to use.