Benavidez vs Ortiz, VanZant vs Curran headed to Austin, TX.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Great Cochrane

Reaction score
The UFC will host its third scheduled event in Texas this year, as UFC Fight Night 57 will take place from the Frank Erwin Center in Austin Texas November 22nd. And as announced on the company's website, the event will now feature two Alpha Male fighters.

Joseph Benavidez, who fresh off his first Performance of the Night bonus after submitting Tim Elliot will meet Dustin Ortiz in a flyweight bout. Benavidez (like team mates Chad mendes and Urijah Faber) is undefeated in title fights with his only losses in the company coming from Flyweight King Demetrious Johnson.

Dustin Ortiz is also enjoying an impressive 3-1 run inside the octagon with his only loss coming to former title challenger John Moraga at UFC Fight Night 34 in Atlanta last January.

Also, 20 year old Paige VanZant will meet Kailin Curran on the card as well. The event was originally scheduled to go down at UFC Fight Night 52 in Halifax, but VanZant was moved after VanZant suffered a spinal injury, as she confirmed through her facebook.

Paige VanZant said:
I left Sacramento to come back to my home state and have been in intense physical therapy from a spine injury. I do not have insurance coverage in California and I have not been giving the okay to train at this time. I am working hard to get better.

More information on upcoming bouts will be announced soon.

Author: Alex Cochrane
Source: Dave Doyle (MMAFighting.com)

-----------------------------------------------

Damn [MENTION=154]Swinny[/MENTION] sorry about your luck. :p