Becky Lynch out to help fix WWE’s ‘credibility’ issue in Raw women’s division

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Becky Lynch is out to begin righting a WWE wrong and help raise the division up around her with the NXT women’s championship.

The Grand Slam champion sees a Raw women’s division that needs to begin elevating new stars so those at the top have legitimate challengers whom the audience believes in having programs with.

It’s why she was adamant about having open challenges for her title, which she will put on the line in a rematch with Tiffany Stratton in an extreme rules match at NXT No Mercy on Saturday (8 p.m., Peacock).

“Currently, we are a little light on women with credibility on Raw,” Lynch, 36, said in a Zoom interview. “So anyway I can give these women, who are great, credibility, give them a match, give them an outing and showcase them in a championship match, I think that only benefits everybody. It benefits the audience because we have more women that we care about and more women that I can beat.”

Her husband, Seth Rollins, said earlier this month on the “WWE After the Bell” podcast that he felt the audience was ready for something fresh in the women’s division and believed “they haven’t been showcased as well as they could have been over the past six months.”

Lynch agrees with that sentiment saying there hasn’t been a lot of time dedicated for storylines or developing the people they need to because she can’t make history alone.

“I need people to come up,” she said. “I need people on this level. But if nobody’s getting any TV time. If nobody’s getting any storytime then they can’t rise up because nobody knows who the hell they are.”

When asked which women she believed had the potential to be elevated she pointed to Zoey Stark, Indie Hartwell, Xia Li and Candice LeRae.

Lynch also has begun a storyline with Tegan Nox, whom she wanted to wrestle but was replaced by Natalya in an open challenge on Raw last week.

Lynch knows Stark well as the two wrestled three times on television — including a falls-count-anywhere match — and on multiple occasions during a summer European tour as she feuded with Trish Stratus.

She called Stark an “invaluable asset” and took a friendly jab at Women’s World champion Rhea Ripley, who has defended her new title just three times since July.

“Being in the ring with her, she is phenomenal, she is intense, she is athletic,” Lynch said of Stark. “She loves this. She is great. She’s an a–hole, but she’s great and with a bit of time she is going to be a big star and main player.

“I think Xia Lo has such a cool character and we haven’t seen any of these things from her. She had a little momentum and then it all stopped. It’s hard to gain momentum if you don’t get no TV time and it’s hard to get TV time if there is nothing to fight for. We know that Rhea Ripley only likes hanging out with the lads (of The Judgement Day) and doesn’t like getting hit.

“So that’s why I came along with my championship trying to give people some opportunities.”

Lynch is determined to use her star power, TV time and the NXT women’s championship to help raise the profile and experience of the women around her.

“I’m very grateful for my time, but I want more time, dammit,” she said. “That’s why I will do all of these things. That’s why I’ll go down to NXT. That’s why I’ll be on all the shows. That’s why I’ll be on dark matches on SmackDown as well as being a mother and traveling and writing a book and all the other things I’m doing.

“It’s because I love this and I’m trying to elevate this, this championship and elevate all the women.”

Exactly why I want her to hold the NXT championship for a while and not pointlessly drop it straight back. There's so much more potential in her holding it, especially if they alternate weeks or something and have her do the open challenges in NXT aswell. Let her make that title seem important while the Raw womens title continues to languish and take a back seat.​

Death By Looch

Peace, Love & Fuck You
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
arnanderson
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
vader2
Favorite Wrestler
yujinagata
Favorite Wrestler
bethphoenix
There needs to be done so much more, than just giving talent some small story and one, two PPV matches against established talent though. The opponent can have the biggest name, it doesn't help, if you can already see during the build, that they don't have any interest in the next step in the evolution after that program is done.

Yes, of course it helps the talent to work with someone like Becky overall, but the fact that there are so few "credible" Women in the division comes from the long period of neglect to actually build some new Main Event talent up. (Which is still going on, for the most part)

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Pffft....she just wants to go on another Super Cena run and squa.......oh she wants to work with Xia Li...... :nowords