Becky Lynch opens up about experiencing post-weaning depression

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
beckydep.webp

Becky Lynch is opening up about a "really dark" few months that she went through while battling postpartum depression.

During an appearance on WWE After the Bell, Lynch detailed how she struggled with post-weaning depression around WrestleMania 39 this April. Lynch said she didn't experience postpartum depression after giving birth in 2020, but her struggle began when she stopped breastfeeding.

Lynch said she realized that she was "on edge" around the time of WrestleMania this year.

"And then it kind of got really, really dark for a few months and I was in a really bad spot,” Lynch said. "It was kind of one of those things where you're trying to pull yourself out of it, because you know mentally, ‘God, I’ve got a great life. I’ve got a great husband. I’ve got a great baby, and I’m doing this thing at the highest level that I love.’ But no reasoning with yourself was able to overcome that level of depression."

Lynch said she didn't know post-weaning depression was a thing until she was battling it. Another mother in WWE let Lynch know what was happening because it had happened to her too.

I didn't know you could get post-weaning depression. So, not even knowing that that was a thing I think also hurt me because, why am I feeling like this? Why am I acting like this? And [I was] not realizing that this is actually a common thing that happens and there are ways you can treat it. And once you figure out the cause of all of that, then you're off to the races and then you're back and then you can appreciate everything. But yeah, for a few months there, it was rough.
Thankfully, somebody that we all know — I won’t put her on the spot — she told me what was happening because it had happened to her. She gave me some tips, and I kind of kept thinking it was gonna pass, ‘it was gonna pass, it was gonna pass,’ and then it really wasn’t passing.

Lynch noted that the foot injury she suffered after WrestleMania was "such a blessing" because it made her face everything she was going through and learn how to deal with it. Lynch was away from WWE television for four weeks after the injury.

Lynch tried meditation, supplements, and then acupuncture until she found what worked for her.

Lynch (Rebecca Quin Lopez) and Seth Rollins (Colby Lopez) have been married since June 2021. Their daughter Roux was born in December 2020.

On July 1, Lynch will be competing in WWE's women's Money in the Bank ladder match. Trish Stratus, Zoey Stark, Zelina Vega, IYO SKY, and Bayley have also qualified for the match. Money in the Bank is being held in London, England at The O2 Arena.

Reactions: Dale