Bayley On How Empty Arena Shows Have Helped Her Heel Turn

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Buffy

The Vampire Slayer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
bretthart
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
Bayley, the reigning Smackdown Women's Champion, spoke to Digital Spy to shed light on her heel turn.

During an episode of Raw last September, Bayley turned heel for the first time in her WWE career by unleashing a tirade of chair shots on Becky Lynch and subsequently aligning herself with Sasha Banks. While Bayley's transition from cheerful hugger to the dark side left many fans in shock, the WWE superstar was admittedly eager to make the turn.

"I've always had in the back of my head an idea of this character that I wanted to try if I were to change. So it was kind of me just throwing things out there and being like, 'hey, I got this, I got this and I want to do this,' and just (WWE) trusting me to do it," Bayley said during the interview.

In order to make her heel turn believable, Bayley changed her outfit, theme song, and debuted her shorter, darker hair.

"(WWE) had to really trust me and I had to really go for it, and that's why I had to change everything and in order for them to believe it," Bayley sad.

Interestingly, Bayley has credited the empty arena shows in helping her tap into her heel persona.

"It's (performing in front of no crowds) helped me a lot because I don't really have to worry about the fan's approval. I've found a certain annoyance in my character. I think that I can be very loud and it basically just echoes in the Performance Center because there's nobody there and I just think it's hilarious," added Bayley, one half of the Golden Role Models, the reigning WWE Women's Tag Team Champions.

WWE has held all three of its televised shows, Raw, Smackdown, and NXT, at the Performance Center since the outbreak of COVID-19. Bayley has held the Smackdown Women's Championship since October 2019, making her the longest reigning women's champion in the history of the blue brand.
Source: https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2...arena-shows-have-helped-her-heel-turn-672683/

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Troll Bayley has won me over completely since she's been yelling nonsense

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
Her being at ringside and yelling at the commentary team while Sasha was wrestling did it for me

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I am on record stating I was coming around to her a bit before the 'Rona from her hilarious interviews on YouTube after SmackDown and PPVs

Reactions: Hidden Blaze

Buffy

The Vampire Slayer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
bretthart
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
As much as Bayley has been overexposed this year and making me hate her character. She is doing her job right and being around a crowd could make people nervous as hell.

Bad News Booty

It’s Ghetto Blaster Time, Fool
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I am impressed how well she has turned this all around of such a shit start as a heel. But she has been utterly amazing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: Hidden Blaze