Batista To Smackdown Reasoning

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

noumenon

There had been talk within WWE last week that Batista's announcement would be that he is moving to SmackDown. With Jeff Hardy gone, Rey Mysterio's future uncertain and Edge out of action until early 2010, there was a serious need for some star power on the brand. The Undertaker returned early to help fill this void, but he is said to be in rough physical shape (he will need hip surgery at some point) and cannot wrestle as much as WWE needs him to.

Taker needs MORE surgery...holy shit. Maybe he should come back in time for one last Mania program and call it a day.

Looks like we're going to be getting Batista/Punk.

-TJ-

Well this is different then Punk's first reign, he is a legit main eventer now, and should not look like Batista's bitch. This could either be very solid, or completely bad if booked wrong.

Wordlife

^and hopefully its completely good... if they ruin this feud, I, along with probably a lot of people, will be very pissed!

Airfixx

^^^....Ruin it? I'm expecting something along the lines of Punk v Jeff without the decent matches and fuel for Punk's promo's. (Anyone who thinks Punk is gonna call Batista out for Steroids is out of their mind!!!)... What are YOU expecting exactly?

Why they did this is understandable, but regardless of the reasoning, the outcome will still be the same.... Big Dave stinkin' up Friday nights. :n:

Great One

^That's the only good thing that can come out of the Punk vs. Batista feud. And you should know by now to never say never, people thought for sure he wouldn't bring up Hardy's arrest and he did. Having Punk looked at this roided up smurf and not even make a subtle reference to it would be ridiculous.

kingovkings

Reaction score
I'm hoping that Punk doesn't end up getting fucked over by the returning Main Event/Title grabbing Tista as per usual. Me injured, Me return, Me jump straight into ME title feud, And crush any momentum that the guy with the belt has built up. I will piss my self if Punk cuts promo's and uses subtle little references to how and why Batista is as big as he is. That would own, I dont think Vince will let him though. I just hope they keep Punk looking good and strong though out any feud he has with Batista. And he doesn't get smashed/Demolished every time the face off.

Wrestling Station

lol, Batista is back, so am I :laugh:

anyway, yes... Batista looked cool with the new tattoos :shifty: now its time for him to embrass the tattoos with new solid feuds.

Airfixx

lol, Batista is back, so am I :laugh:

anyway, yes... Batista looked cool with the new tattoos :shifty: now its time for him to embrass the tattoos with new solid feuds.

And there lies the problem, if the best we can hope for from the big doofuss is merely a "solid" fued then he should get the fuck out of the main event.

Dunno about ya'll but I like fueds to be GOOD, if not GREAT.

Kizza

Hey, we could get a feud we've never seen before!

Undertaker vs Batista~!

Reaction score
Yeah...Not liking this one.. Let's build up Punk only to have Batista squash him repeatedly.

noumenon

So long as they allow Punk to look decent in matches with him and find creative ways for Punk to sneak in wins and implode Batista's head with his superior mic skills I'm okay with it. If you check the Smackdown spoilers it seems they may be going in a different direction though...