Batista: PG approach has now ruined wrestling for me

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
FORMER WWE World Heavyweight Champion Dave Batista has told how he rarely watches wrestling anymore, after his former company turned PG.
The star, who is now carving out a successful acting career with a role in Scorpion King 3, says he left the business after WWE decided to take a more child-friendly direction.

Why he left WWE:
"I don't keep up with wrestling that much these days. The reason I left was the PG direction the company took, it got too corny for me. I was a hug fan of the edgy era of DX, Stone Cold Steve Austin and those guys. The change in direction really ruined it for me. It's well recorded I'm not a fan of the likes of John Cena or The Miz. It's such a different company these days and not in a good way."

Turning down Tough Enough:
"I've no plans to return anytime soon. I was offered the job of working on Tough Enough, I just didn't think it was for me. I hear it went well with Steve Austin and good luck to them. I need to be excited by a project and I didn't feel that way about Tough Enough."

Returning to the WWE:
"If I did return to the WWE, it would be for a run not just a one-shot deal. I'd have to be a constant for them not someone who drifts in and out to boost ratings. If I did I'd love to work with Triple H again or Undertaker. They are the best workers there in my opinion and they'd make it worthwhile to return. The show would have to change though, so I can't see my return being anytime soon can you?"

Other things:
"But, you know, I pretty much did it all. My favourite wrestling moments are not necessarily my best ones, they are however the ones that mean most to me. My first World Title win meant a lot to me, winning the tag team titles with Ric Flair is up there too. I can't complain about the matches I had and the people I faced, I had an amazing time in the WWE."

Looking at other wrestling companies such as TNA, ROH and New Japan, Batista added: "For me, the WWE is the number one wrestling organisation. I'd hate to end my career somewhere that's a step down. If I go out, I go out on top and working for the company on top."

His movie career:
The star, whose real name is Dave Bautista, is concentrating on the world of film instead — his latest big budget flick is The Scorpion King 3: Battle for Redemption.

However he insists that he'll never forget his wrestling roots.

"I'm trying to learn the craft of acting, coaching and getting advice from my co-stars. Scorpion King 3 was an exciting and very positive experience. My role is a pivotal one and it was good to work with such talented guys as Billy Zane and Ron Perlman. The whole cast helped me greatly. I would love to try comedy one day, but I firmly believe at heart I'm a wrestler and I act, I'm not trying to distance myself from that."

"Wrestling is what gave me these opportunities."

He's said this numerous times but here's a recent update I guess and it looks like we won't be seeing him anytime soon or ever again as I don't think WWE will turn back to TV-14 within the next 5 years. Good interview and I'd love to see Batista back in the WWE, his in ring ability was pretty good and he could cut good promos and gets a great reaction from the crowd. Looks much more fit now too and could work better matches as he is lighter but I'd assume WWE would want him to bulk up again and look like how he did before he left.

Batista brings up some very great points in here. Once again, I'd love to see a return. I was a big fan of him.

Discuss..

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
His lack of passion for wrestling shines through once again. Him explaining that he was basically an Attitude Era fan of the product before getting into sums that up quite easily. He's 40 years old and that is what he brings up?

So now he's completely focused on a movie career too bad I don't think anybody takes him seriously as an actor. His MMA career idea is already shot. If he wants to have any more glory in his life he would have to return to WWE. Once this dawns on him he'll probably suck it up and return for another match. He was improving a lot before he just took his ball and went home so I wouldn't mind him coming back one day. Just would rather watch guys who actually care about wrestling.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Well boohoo, I certainly won't lose any sleep over not seeing him back in the ring that's for sure.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Nothing new here. Read most of it before.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
it's all the same questions and answers i've been reading for years now.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I feel where he's coming from, though he doesn't really say anything ground-breaking here. I didn't really understand what issue he has with Miz either, considering I think Miz would have been a better-suited character for the era of wrestling he was fond of.

I smirked a little at the shot he took at The Rock, but Rock really makes that an easy dig.

I have no issue with Batista, he was a decent intimidation factor in the WWE, and for the role WWE needed him to fill, he was effective at it. The guy gets a lot of hate, but he's a guy WWE actually built the right way and I never had an issue with him as world champion. I thought WWE was really on a role with him in the months leading up to his retirement. Considering nothing really forced him out of wrestling and he had no issue staying in the top tier of wrestlers, I definitely believe him when he says he only left because of the show's PG direction.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Batista stated this numerous times already, sums up the majority of oppinions brought on through these types of forums.

People still don't believe the shit was garnered towards children ion the 80s and 90s.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Not a fan of Batista so I am glad that he doesn't want to return. Still don't think that wrestling has changed that much since when he was around.

rcoot93

Reaction score
never been a fan of him and don't really want to se him come back, besides hes getting on a bit age wise

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
I wonder if Batista saw John Cena's promos on the last episode of Raw. I hate this guy so much, he needs to shut his mouth because he has said this like six times now. Please don't come back ever.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
One promo doesn't mean WWE is going to change their product, it's going to be gradual, if they are going to do it ever.