Barrett makes in ring return next week

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Wade Barrett will return to action during SmackDown’s two-show tour of Tokyo, Japan at Ryogoku Kokugika next week.

Barrett has been sidelined since the February 20 Raw; he suffered a partially dislocated elbow while catching Dolph Ziggler, who was thrown out of the ring by Big Show during a battle royal. During his time away from the ring, Barrett shot a supporting role in the WWE Studios film Dead Man Down.

Matches announced for the August 9 show are a 2-1 Handicap Match for World Heavyweight Championship between Sheamus, Big Show and John Laurinaitis, a Triple Treat Match between Randy Orton, Alberto Del Rio and Kane, Rey Mysterio vs. Daniel Bryan, Kofi Kingston vs. Cody Rhodes, Santino Marella and Zack Ryder vs. Epico and Primo, Kelly Kelly vs. Natalya, Yoshi Tatsu vs. Wade Barrett, Justin Gabriel vs. Jack Swagger and Ted DiBiase vs. Jinder Mahal.

Matches announced for the August 10 show are a Fatal 4-Way Match for the World Heavyweight Championship between Sheamus, Kane, Alberto Del Rio and Big Show, a Six-Man Tag Team Match featuring Randy Orton, Santino Marella and Zack Ryder vs. Epico, John Laurinaitis and Primo, Rey Mysterio vs. Cody Rhodes, Kofi Kingston vs. Daniel Bryan, Kelly Kelly vs. Natalya, Justin Gabriel vs. Wade Barrett, Yoshi Tatsu vs. Jack Swagger and Ted DiBiase vs. Jinder Mahal.

What else is there to be said? :yes:

Source

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
feels like it's been so long

<3 Wade.

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
That'll be good to see Barrett again. And since he is going to be in Japan and fighting a home country face wrestler like Yoshi, then he sure to come back as he left with some heat if he's very aggressive in the match. It'll be interesting to see who he feuds with once he comes back. I hope to maybe see him in the World Heavyweight Championship picture once Dolph cashes in the briefcase and has the championship for a few weeks if successful. It's going to be good to have him around, we need more heels around, especially one that can play the role as good as he can.

Matt

Champion
Reaction score
Wasn't a fan when he first went but his absence has grown on me! Can't wait for him to return to TV soon :)

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Very nice, I was also patiently waiting for his return and interesting to see he's booked against Tatsu on Japan. I hope his return to TV is impactful and he's put in a nice storyline.

Reaction score
:yes:

Gonna be watching Smackdown next week probably just gonna see his return only.

Matt

Champion
Reaction score
Big Hoss Rambler said:

i dont think it's a televised event he's returning to? :/

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Big Hoss Rambler said:

Yeah Hoss, his only confirmed matches are house shows in Japan, his return to TV hasn't been confirmed yet.