Barclays Premier League Results (30/1/2012 & 1/2/2012)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Jonathan

Champion
Reaction score
1st Febuary Results:

Aston Villa 2 - 2 QPR
Blackburn 0 - 2 Newcastle United
Bolton 0 - 0 Arsenal
Fulham 1 - 1 West Brom
Sunderland 3 - 0 Norwich :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

30th January Results:

Swansea 1 - 1 Chelsea
Tottenham 3 - 1 Wigan
Wolves 0 - 3 Liverpool
Everton 1 - 0 Man City
Man Utd 2 - 0 Stoke City

And they are the results for the Tuesday/Wednesday fixtures.

Not sure how many people on here like football, but there they are.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
What is happening to Arsenal seriously? A draw with Bolton is unacceptable especially how poor they've been this season. I know they're not as great as they once were but still.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Arsene Wenger is too stubborn to sign established players. I don't see how players like Chamberlain (although he's a great prospect), Benayoun, Mertesaker and Arteta can replace Nasri, Fabregas and Clichy. Even with those 3 that left they were never real threats to the title.

The QPR match was great, watched some of that. Cisse scoring on his return <3. Big fan of Sunderland as I love Martin O Neil, the guy is a miracle worker.

Btw fun fact for you all: Swansea are 6th in Europe in terms of how much possession average they have per game. Madrid, Barca, Man City, Bayern, Chelsea and Swansea is the top 6. Be amazed. Not in order apart from the last 1, think it's Barca, Madrid then Chelsea.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Crayo said:
Arsene Wenger is too stubborn to sign established players. I don't see how players like Chamberlain (although he's a great prospect), Benayoun, Mertesaker and Arteta can replace Nasri, Fabregas and Clichy. Even with those 3 that left they were never real threats to the title.

The QPR match was great, watched some of that. Cisse scoring on his return <3. Big fan of Sunderland as I love Martin O Neil, the guy is a miracle worker.

Btw fun fact for you all: Swansea are 6th in Europe in terms of how much possession average they have per game. Madrid, Barca, Man City, Bayern, Chelsea and Swansea is the top 6. Be amazed. Not in order apart from the last 1, think it's Barca, Madrid then Chelsea.

Isn't Leon Brittan the most accurate passer in Europe also?

I agree with Wenger being stubborn but then again Fabregas was signed as a kid as was Clichy. Football has changed too much in the past few years. Teams are spending big money to remain in mid table now.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
seabs said:
Isn't Leon Brittan the most accurate passer in Europe also?

I agree with Wenger being stubborn but then again Fabregas was signed as a kid as was Clichy. Football has changed too much in the past few years. Teams are spending big money to remain in mid table now.

They were signed as kids when Arsenal had Henry, Pires, Viera, Lauren, Campbell, Keown, Ljumberg. Just like Smalling. Jones & Pogba were introduced with players like Scholes, Rooney, Giggs, Nani, Valencia, Ferdinand.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Crayo said:
They were signed as kids when Arsenal had Henry, Pires, Viera, Lauren, Campbell, Keown, Ljumberg. Just like Smalling. Jones & Pogba were introduced with players like Scholes, Rooney, Giggs, Nani, Valencia, Ferdinand.

Then again you've got RVP, Vermalen, Mertersacker,Arteta, Walcott and Sagna who are experienced players who started today. It's not like they're solely a team of inexperienced players. It seems to me Arsenal are doing the same thing as they always have but the league has evolved. Competition is alot fiercer now. Take for example this season Newcastle, Man City , Chelsea, Man U and Spurs are all in or around the top 4.

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
seabs said:
Then again you've got RVP, Vermalen, Mertersacker,Arteta, Walcott and Sagna who are experienced players who started today. It's not like they're solely a team of inexperienced players. It seems to me Arsenal are doing the same thing as they always have but the league has evolved. Competition is alot fiercer now. Take for example this season Newcastle, Man City , Chelsea, Man U and Spurs are all in or around the top 4.

UTD are poor tho this year need ppl to come thro or a few raids in the transfer market! poorest team overall in years!

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
seabs said:

I only see RVP as the experienced leader in the team. Walcott is like 22, not established at all. Mertesaker has flopped mega-hard in the premier league and has admitted he's still adjusting. Arteta came from a mid-table team and was expected to fill in for fabregas. Sagna I guess is experienced, again, not really a leader though.

You're right, competition has evolved. Liverpool have found that too. It's all about smart buys too though. Liverpool spend 80 million on Caroll, Adam, Henderson, Downing and Enrique. Enrique has been great, the rest flopped. Man City spend 75 million on Aguero, Silva and Toure.

Jonathan

Champion
Reaction score
The fact FIFA put a limit on how much clubs can spend is great.
They can only spend as much as they earn back.

Stops teams like man shitty running away with the title and buying all the best players.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Jonathan said:
The fact FIFA put a limit on how much clubs can spend is great.
They can only spend as much as they earn back.

Stops teams like man shitty running away with the title and buying all the best players.

Couldn't agree more.