Bad Boy Presents Bloody Elbow Radio - Pat Healy, Fedor, Overeem Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score

Bloody Elbow Radio, presented by Bad Boy, was live Tuesday afternoon for another edition of the show. Hosts Matt Bishop, Forrest Lynn and MMA Mania's Brian Hemminger discussed all the fallout from "Strikeforce: Fedor vs. Overeem," including what's next for Fedor Emelianenko and Dan Henderson. We also discussed in detail the situation surrounding Alistair Overeem's departure from Strikeforce, including if his Golden Glory teammates in the company, namely Marloes Coenen, could suffer from the ordeal.

003_Pat_Healy.jpg

We were joined by Strikeforce lightweight Pat Healy for a very honest and candid interview as he prepares to fight Eric Wisely next week at Strikeforce Challengers 18. We discussed with him...

• The changes in Strikeforce since the Zuffa acquisition
  • How the fight with Shinya Aoki in April that went to Lyle Beerbohm was originally his
  • How he's had trouble getting a fight since the Beerbohm fight in February
  • How he's started to promote himself
  • What life is like at Team Quest right now
  • If the friendship between Chael Sonnen and Yushin Okami would make for a good buddy comedy
  • Okami's chances against Anderson Silva later this month at UFC 134.
"I've been ready forever it feels like. I was looking at my stuff today and I fought one time when I was 27 years old and I just turned 28. One time against Lyle Beerbohm. I don't know really what the deal was, but it seemed liked Strikeforce was always a little bit disorganized but since the new guys, Sean Shelby and the rest of the crew from Zuffa has come in, it's almost completely different. We've had contact with them the whole time. I knew I was either going to fight on the July 30th card of Aug. 12 and they keep in contact with us. I think a lot of it was the disorganization of Strikeforce, but I think all that, hopefully, is taken care of.

It frustrated me (to see Beerbohm getting other fights) to say the least. Especially because they told me I had the Aoki fight. I was preparing for that fight for over a week. A week and a half, I think. They told me I was fighting Aoki, so I was training for it, dieting and the night, I believe it was the night Dan Henderson fought Feijao, they called me up and were like, 'Yeah, we're gonna give the fight to Lyle.' They never gave me a reason. It boggled my mind."

Bloody Elbow Radio returns to the air at 3:30 p.m. ET/12:30 p.m. PT Thursday to preview UFC 133. We'll be joined by UFC 133 competitor Johny Hendricks and bantamweight Sara McMann, fresh off her win over Tonya Evinger at Titan Fighting 19 last week.

Bloody Elbow Radio is sponsored by Bad Boy. Bad Boy, the 2010 World MMA Awards winner for "Best Technical Clothing Brand," can be found at BadBoyMMA.com. Follow them on Twitter and Facebook and tell them Bloody Elbow sent you.

Direct download link: episide-63-pat-healy-fedor-mma-discussion.mp3

*NEW* iTunes feed: Click here

RSS feed: bloodyelbowradio.rss

Or you can stream the show via our embeddable player: