Bad Boy Presents Bloody Elbow Radio - Matt Mitrione, Pat Curran, Weekend Preview

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score

Bloody Elbow Radio, presented by Bad Boy, was live Thursday afternoon for the 50th edition of the show. Hosts Matt Bishop and Forrest Lynn previewed the main cards of this weekend's three shows, starting with Friday's Strikeforce Challengers 16, which is headlined by a lightweight bout between Caros Fodor and James Terry.

Then we rolled on to Saturday's Bellator 46, which features four quarterfinal bouts in Bellator's Summer Series featherweight tournament and features the promotional debut of former Sengoku champion Marlon Sandro. We wrapped up by finishing our preview of UFC on Versus 4, which is headlined by a welterweight bout between Nate Marquardt and Rick Story.

We were joined by UFC heavyweight Matt Mitrione, who fights Christian Morecraft on the main card of this Sunday's show. We chatted with him about his fight with Morecraft, his improvement, playing Big Ten football and why apparently my school, Michigan State, has a rep for criminals (Note: I am not one nor is this true!). An extremely lively and honest interview worth checking out.

"I promise you that I will punch him in the face hard and often, I will land my shins on his body some place and I'm going to do my best to make him quit. I don't know if he will or not, I don't know if he'll get knocked out. He might whoop my ass, I got no clue, but I promise you I'll give the very best I got. I always do and I always will."

We also were joined by Bellator 46's Pat Curran in advance of his bout with Luis Palomino on Saturday. For more on this interview, check out our story from yesterday.

Bloody Elbow Radio returns to the air at 11 p.m. ET Sunday immediately following the conclusion of UFC on Versus 4 to review the show.

Bloody Elbow Radio is sponsored by Bad Boy. You can purchase the Junior dos Santos and Demian Maia UFC 131 walkout T-shirts at BadBoyMMA.com. Follow them on Twitter and Facebook and tell them Bloody Elbow sent you.

Direct download link: episode-50-matt-mitrione-pat-curran-weekend-preview.mp3

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/bloody...-matt-mitrione-pat-curran-weekend-preview.mp3*NEW* iTunes feed: Click here

RSS feed: bloodyelbowradio.rss

Or you can stream the show via our embeddable player:

SBN coverage of Strikeforce Challengers 16

SBN coverage of Bellator 46

SBN coverage of UFC on Versus 4