Bad Boy Presents Bloody Elbow Radio: Johny Hendricks, UFC 133 Preview

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score

Bloody Elbow Radio, presented by Bad Boy, was live Thursday to discuss the latest in mixed martial arts. Hosts Matt Bishop, Forrest Lynn and MMA Mania's Brian Hemminger were live to preview Saturday's UFC 133, which is headlined by a light-heavyweight bout between Rashad Evans and Tito Ortiz and a middleweight clash between Vitor Belfort and Yoshihiro Akiyama. We previewed all the fights on the card.

We also spoke of all the latest news surrounding Fedor Emelianenko and the Golden Glory situation.

We were joined by UFC welterweight Johny Hendricks as he prepares for his UFC 133 fight with Mike Pierce this weekend in Philadelphia. We spoke with Hendricks about the following topics and more:

johny-hendricks-115x115.png

• His weight cut
  • How he's changed his diet for this fight
  • If he's going to stick with that
  • Fighting Pierce
  • Being exciting versus getting wins
  • The origins of Team Takedown
  • Freestyle wrestling versus MMA wrestling
  • On Pierce saying he's obsessed with his loss to Rick Story
  • Training with Story after losing to him
Here's what Hendricks had to say about Pierce saying he was obsessed with the Story loss:

"Whenever I lose, I want to make sure I correct everything. It doesn't matter who you are. If it wasn't Rick Story, if it was another wrestler that beat me, guess who I'd be sitting here talking about? It doesn't matter who it is, a loss you remember. A win, you don't remember as much. A loss, for me, that was my first one, of course I'm going to be sitting there trying to figure out everything I did wrong in there. For him to say I'm obsessed with Rick Story, well that's fine because Rick Story's a tough fighter. He's a good fighter. So for me to be able to correct everything he did to me, that means one thing for him: It means it's not going to go so well because guess who he is? In my opinion, I don't think he's as good as Rick Story. But does that mean Saturday he's not going to be as good as Rick Story? I don't know. So for him to say I'm obsessing over Rick Story doesn't mean crap to me because it was my loss, it was something I had to overcome, and how do I overcome it? By studying the film, by sitting here working on everything I did wrong in that fight to make myself better."

Bloody Elbow Radio returns to the air at approximately midnight ET/9 p.m. PT immediately following the conclusion of UFC 133 to review the show.

Bloody Elbow Radio is sponsored by Bad Boy. Bad Boy, the 2010 World MMA Awards winner for "Best Technical Clothing Brand," can be found at BadBoyMMA.com. Follow them on Twitter and Facebook and tell them Bloody Elbow sent you.

Direct download link: episode-64-johny-hendricks-ufc-133-preview.mp3

*NEW* iTunes feed: Click here

RSS feed: bloodyelbowradio.rss

Or you can stream the show via our embeddable player: