Bad Boy Presents Bloody Elbow Radio: Jessica Aguilar, UFC on Versus 4 Prelims

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score

Bloody Elbow Radio, presented by Bad Boy, was live Tuesday for another edition of the show. Hosts Matt Bishop, Forrest Lynn and MMAmania's Brian Hemminger talked all the latest news in mixed martial arts, including a final wrap-up of last weekend's "Strikeforce: Overeem vs. Werdum" and a preview of the eight preliminary bouts on this weekend's UFC on Versus 4.

We also were joined by Bellator 46 competitor Jessica Aguilar. She'll be fighting Carla Esparza this Saturday at Hollywood, Fla. We talked with her about her fight with Esparza, her troubles getting a fight since November, being in Japan when the earthquake struck, being her own manager and more.

We asked her how not being able to fight due to reasons outside her control has changed her everyday life.

"It's been really, really, really tough. I had to go back to a full-time job, as well. I'm also working a full-time job ... as an IT tech ... It's been really hard. Then training full-time, trying to look for sponsors and it's just been very, very hard. But you know what? You just have to keep going. You have to keep pushing through. The economy is down, everything has gone down, everybody's going through rough times, so I can still see the light. I don't want to give up. I want to keep trying hard and know all the hard work I'm doing right now will pay off in the end, so I'm going to keep going forward. Nothing's going to stop me. It's tough, but I'm a very strong person, but even the strongest feel weak sometimes and even the strongest go through hard times, but the tough times go away, but the tough people don't."

Bloody Elbow Radio returns to the air at 4 p.m. ET Thursday to preview the main cards of UFC on Versus 4, Strikeforce Challengers 16 and Bellator 46. We'll be joined by Bellator featherweight tournament participant Pat Curran.

Bloody Elbow Radio is sponsored by Bad Boy. You can purchase the Junior dos Santos and Demian Maia UFC 131 walkout T-shirts at BadBoyMMA.com. Follow them on Twitter and Facebook and tell them Bloody Elbow sent you.

Direct download link: episode-49-jessica-aguilar-mma-discussion.mp3

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/bloody...jason-high-jessica-aguilar-mma-discussion.mp3*NEW* iTunes feed: Click here

RSS feed: bloodyelbowradio.rss

Or you can stream the show via our embeddable player:

SBN coverage of Strikeforce: Overeem vs. Werdum

SBN coverage of Bellator 46

SBN coverage of UFC on Versus 4