Bad Boy Presents Bloody Elbow Radio - Charlie Brenneman, Rich Attonito, UFC 132, Marq

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score

Bloody Elbow Radio, presented by Bad Boy, was live Tuesday afternoon for another edition of the show. Hosts Matt Bishop, Forrest Lynn and MMA Mania's Brian Hemminger discussed the latest in the ongoing Nate Marquardt saga, wrapped up all the action from this past weekend's MMA shows, including ratings, and previewed the preliminary bouts for this weekend's UFC 132, which is headlined by a lightweight bout between Melvin Guillard and Shane Roller and a bantamweight bout between Brian Bowles and Takeya Mizugaki.

We had two very good guests on the show, both of whom won this past weekend at UFC on Versus 4. We first were joined by welterweight Rich Attonito. We talked with him about his win over Daniel Roberts, his drop to welterweight, how he got sick in the lead-up to the fight, the origins of his nickname and more.

We also asked him if he feels fighters coming off recent seasons of The Ultimate Fighter don't get the respect they deserve:

"Quite possibly. I think it depends who the people judging that are. If you look at the guys on my season at least, everybody is doing very well so far. I think the show has shown that the very talented guys are the ones remaining to compete in the UFC after the show is over, so I think it's silly for people not to respect us, but there's always people out there who have their opinions. You just have to look at who's forming the opinion as far as not wanting to respect a guy just because they came off the show."

We also were joined by welterweight Charlie Brenneman fresh off his biggest win over Rick Story. We chatted with him about that fight, the pros/cons of taking fights on short notice and more.

We asked him about what type of game plan you can form on such short notice.

"The way Rick fights, he puts on the pressure, he's the bully, he puts you against the cage, on your back and doesn't let up and we knew that. To be honest, it all started at the weigh in. We didn't want to give him an inch. If he pushes, push back and push first. I just knew from the beginning I needed to put him on his back and keep him there."

Bloody Elbow Radio returns to the air at 4 p.m. ET Thursday to preview the main card of UFC 132.

Bloody Elbow Radio is sponsored by Bad Boy. Bad Boy, the 2010 World MMA Awards winner for "Best Technical Clothing Brand," can be found at BadBoyMMA.com. Follow them on Twitter and Facebook and tell them Bloody Elbow sent you.

Direct download link: episode-52-charlie-brenneman-rich-attonito-ufc-132.mp3

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/bloody...2-charlie-brenneman-rich-attonito-ufc-132.mp3*NEW* iTunes feed: Click here

RSS feed: bloodyelbowradio.rss

Or you can stream the show via our embeddable player: