Bad Boy Presents Bloody Elbow Radio - Chad Griggs, Strikeforce Preview

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score

Bloody Elbow Radio, presented by Bad Boy, was live Thursday for another edition of the show. Hosts Matt Bishop, Forrest Lynn and MMA Mania's Brian Hemminger talked about the Strikeforce fighter sponsorship tax and all the latest in mixed martial arts.

We also previewed this Saturday's "Strikeforce: Overeem vs. Werdum," which is headlined by two Strikeforce Grand Prix Heavyweight Tournament bouts as, in the main event, heavyweight champion Alistair Overeem meets Fabricio Werdum and in the co-main event, Josh Barnett battles former No. 1 contender Brett Rogers.

We were joined by Strikeforce heavyweight Chad Griggs, who fights Valentijn Overeem on the show. We chatted with him about that fight, his mutton chops, his thoughts on the sponsorship tax and we also got a story from him about his good friend and MMA legend Don Frye.

"I watched my fight with Josh Marsh the other day and it still makes me laugh. Go fight for 13, 14 minutes, just exhausted and end up TKO'ing him and you go over to the corner where (Don) is and he gives you a little slap on the shoulder and says, 'You're lucky you won. I'm disappointed. Your conditioning is terrible. You're like a little cheerleader. I should make you walk home!' It's like, 'Geez! I love you too, buddy!' He's a great guy, though."

Bloody Elbow Radio returns Saturday night following the conclusion of "Overeem vs. Werdum" to review the show.

Bloody Elbow Radio is sponsored by Bad Boy. You can purchase the Junior dos Santos and Demian Maia UFC 131 walkout T-shirts at BadBoyMMA.com. Follow them on Twitter and Facebook and tell them Bloody Elbow sent you.

Direct download link: episode-47-chad-griggs-strikeforce-preview.mp3

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/bloody...pisode-47-chad-griggs-strikeforce-preview.mp3*NEW* iTunes feed: Click here

RSS feed: bloodyelbowradio.rss

Or you can stream the show via our embeddable player:

Strikeforce: Overeem vs. Werdum coverage