Bad Boy Presents Bloody Elbow Radio - Brian Cobb, Judging, UFC 131

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score

Bloody Elbow Radio, presented by Bad Boy, was live Tuesday for another edition of the show. Hosts Matt Bishop, Mike Fagan and Brian Hemminger of MMA Mania discussed the latest in mixed martial arts, including the UFC 131 judging fallout. We also talked about the Bloody Elbow Tournament of Bad, as well.

We were joined on the show by MFC 30 main event winner Brian Cobb. Cobb, a high school math teacher, became one step closer to becoming a full-time fighter with his first-round TKO win over top MFC lightweight contender Drew Fickett on Friday. We talked with him extensively about that fight, if he wants the MFC lightweight title, how important it is to be fighting on TV, his thoughts on the MFC and more.

We asked him what it was like to have Fickett on his back right from the get-go.

Brian-Cobb.jpg

"You know, in hindsight, it's probably the best possible scenario because I'm so good at defending the back. I work on that so much that it seems like that's a little smarter than just jumping into his guard and playing with fire like that. I definitely wasn't anticipating that being the case. I definitely wasn't anticipating having him take me down or any of those things, but I felt comfortable standing up and striking with him and got a little too comfortable and overthrew a big right hand and that's how he was able to jump on my back like a spider monkey so fast. Fortunately, I've trained those positions and I was able to stay there and relax. Definitely not the game plan I had going in."

We also were joined by Matt Carson of Sympatico Sports MMA to talk about last Friday's theScore Fighting Series in Mississauga, Ontario, plus how the city of Toronto and province of Ontario have reacted in MMA in the wake of UFC 129.

Bloody Elbow Radio returns to the air at 4 p.m. ET Thursday to preview "Strikeforce: Overeem vs. Werdum."

Bloody Elbow Radio is sponsored by Bad Boy. You can purchase the Junior dos Santos and Demian Maia UFC 131 walkout T-shirts at BadBoyMMA.com. Follow them on Twitter and Facebook and tell them Bloody Elbow sent you.

Direct download link: episode-46-brian-cobb-mma-discussion.mp3

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/bloodyelbowradio/2011/06/14/episode-46-brian-cobb-mma-discussion.mp3*NEW* iTunes feed: Click here

RSS feed: bloodyelbowradio.rss

Or you can stream the show via our embeddable player: