Backstage Concern Over Vince McMahon

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
There has been a lot of backstage talk lately about Vince McMahon showing his age and people wondering about his health. Vince was recently suffering from the flu and wasn't hiding it, when usually if he's sick he'll hide it.

-- WWE officials were disappointed at how the crowd reacted towards some of the bigger stars participating in the walkout angle, and the fact that two of the people the crowd reacted to the most were Jim Ross and Jerry Lawler. It was considered a really bad sign when the announcers were perceived by the fans as bigger stars than the wrestlers.

WrestlingInc.com

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
lol, so they're worried about him because he was showing symptoms of the flu? Jesus christ.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
On Raw he looked as great as he ever has so I don't understand this.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
JR and Lawler got more attention because they each left by themselves, implying their own agendas. You're not exactly going to react much to, say, Del Rio leaving if he's walking side by side with Christian, Cody, Swagger, etc. Its basic storytelling and characterization. I hope WWE doesn't get the impression that they aren't building those stars right or that the angle isn't working, because it is.

And regarding Vince, I'll show concern once he starts getting noticeably unwell, not because he can't hide a cold.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
^Pretty much which is why I find this report kinda dumb. Of course they got the biggest reactions because King was the only one in the ring for one and cut a promo. Then JR on the other hand was the last one to walk out. Everyone else kind of just went along with it.

The Vince thing just seems pretty random. Don't see anyone really freaking out cause he didn't hide a cold well.