AXS cancels NJPW's US TV deal

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Geese

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Wrestler
Y8A7yx1
Favorite Sports Team
sacramentokings
Favorite Sports Team
Rx1XOnt
New Japan Pro Wrestling's TV deal on AXS has been canceled. All NJPW shows will no longer air on AXS, including this year's Wrestle Kingdom. Ever since Anthem bought a majority stake in AXS, it has given its own brand Impact Wrestling a premium TV slot and has decided it no longer wants NJPW on its network.

The report states, "AXS has confirmed to a number of news outlets that NJPW will no longer air on the network." It goes on to state, "there's been a lot of bad blood between TNA and NJPW ever since Kazuchika Okada was with TNA on a temporary excursion. TNA did a god awful job of booking Okada, made him look terrible, absolutely wasted him. Understandably NJPW did not take kindly to the treatment that Okada received at the hands of Impact and has reportedly held a grudge ever since."

Last edited:

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
Well fuck...that sucks for a good amount of people. Also, the TNA and New Japan thing is a bit deeper than what was said.

InsaneAlphaBeta

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Times like this im glad sites like Wywtv and Watch Wrestling exist.

Geese

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Wrestler
Y8A7yx1
Favorite Sports Team
sacramentokings
Favorite Sports Team
Rx1XOnt
Times like this im glad sites like Wywtv and Watch Wrestling exist.

Do those sites give your PC a virus? Anything that's free online normally contains malware.

InsaneAlphaBeta

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Do those sites give your PC a virus? Anything that's free online normally contains malware.
Well i use a xbox one, but neither site has ever given me any trouble besides the occasional pop ups when trying to load a stream. (specificly watch wrestling has pop ups, wywtv has never given me any pop ups, all you do is sign up with a free account and In the free stream they allmost always stream the wrestling shows, somtimes the admin of the site keeps some wrestling on the other streams you have to pay for but most of the time its on the free one. Thats how i watch Raw every week)

And when that fails i use Watch Wrestleing, which besides the pop ups is quite reliable. (atleast for xbox one, i'll go to load a stream and the page will stop responding, it stays a script is slowing down the page and has a stop script button so i click it and the page finally loads, then when i click play i sometimes get a pop up.)

Your likely to have a different experience on PC, but Watch Wrestleing is easily the most populer site to watch wrestling, when people talk about wrestling streaming websites, that one is the one always mentioned. So im clueless as to if the sites have a virus, but ive had no issues so perhaps they do not.

Reactions: Geese