Avalanche - Old Backstory with Bonesaw

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Avalanche drives through a quaint suburban neighborhood looking feverishly through the windows of the truck for a specific house. He pulls up slowly in front of a baby shit green house, nice small home on top of a small hill. Avalanche parks the car looking up the hill towards the house

Avalanche: My parents house, I haven't been here in fifteen years. Last week we took a walk down memory lane it was all fluffy bunnies and unicorns. It wasn't always like that though my fathers federation crumbled he was a bit old and dated to find any work somewhere else. With no experience in booking, he didn't have the patience for training, that left running the company being a road agent or training anyone out of the picture. Means he was out of business with forty years in wrestling and of course no fallback. Unless you can't booze and drugs in which case he had a fallback he was great at. At fifteen with years of training already under my belt I knew how to take a move but when your father comes in at three am and puts you in a chicken wing, well there's hardly a way to prepare for that.

Avalanche looks up at the house shuttering

Avalanche: I always hated that color. When that movie The Wrestler came out a lot of people compared it to the fall of my father. Except my father never did get back into the ring he drove me away and I never forgave him. It was another extremely late night my father barged in cocaine and rum obviously a factor. My father came in tearing down anything related to the business, which was about half of my room. He threw in my desk and t.v. for fun. Now a power bomb normally is a pretty routine move but in the early hours of the day with a drunken partner it's hard to take the move right. The bed didn't help I was in the hospital for a week. I tried to explain it away but the doctors weren't buying it eventually I was removed from my father's care. If you've dealt with the foster system in a major city you know there can be some horror stories.

The curtain of the house is pooled back an older man with a thin beard and long peppered hair looks out the window. He looks out trying to figure out exactly who Avalanche is his eyes widen as the curtain shuts the door opens as the man begins to unlock the screen door. Avalanche looks directly at the camera man.

Avalanche: Time to go. I'm not about ready to deal with him again.

Avalanche pulls up in between to five story buildings in front of a barren lot with contsruction vehicles parked all around it. Avalanche throws a thumb towards the lot.

Avalanche: Usually when someone talks about a foster care horror story it's something sexual. I guess I can take comfort that Frank never tried anything like that with me. As a matter of fact Frank when it came to me was the perferct foster father. At fifteen he really didn't have to worry about me a hell of a lot and since I was still training in the business I knew a lot of wrestlers, that meant I knew a lot of bouncers. Frank and I on a typical weekend would go out hit up a bar he'd usually find a lady to take back to the building. I say building because he owned the five story building that used to stand there and he had his own apartment and I had mine. It seemed like paradise. Till one night I ran into this girl I went to school with at one of the bars, Kelly, apparently her older sister knew one of the bouncers too. Her sister was in her upper twenties her name was Jennifer or something, Kelly herself was 18 a senior at school. Frank talked them into going back to the building. Kelly and I went to my "room". While Frank took her sister up to his place. Kelly was that girl, the girl everyone wanted, she was taller than I was legs that did not stop and her butt. I'll stop there just know she was hot, and we were getting pretty hot and heavy when Frank came in. I don't understand anything that happend after this. Frank opened the door I was shocked but thankfully Kelly and I hadn't got to far. Frank was holding a knife, smiling, he tossed it to me I caught it still trying to figure out why he gave it to me. Kelly started to freak like she already knew what was going down, I was still trying to figure out what the knife was for. He blocked her from leaving the door explaining how her and her sisters were whores that deserved to die. I thought he was fucking with me that they'd all set me up I started laughing. Kelly freaked more she was scared I could tell this was no joke. Frank grabbed her choking her. I didn't know what else to do. I stabbed him in the back. Kelly grabbed the knife running out of the room frantic she looked for her sister. She started opening the doors to the other room. One after another they were full of bodies some of the rooms smelled, some of the rooms were refrigerators. Some had venatlation systems. Nobody understood how I didn't know. My only defense was nobody knew. There was no evidence against me and Frank confessed to everything all in all there were 47 victims. I sited that to the judge when asking for my emancipation. They had to demolish the building the only way some of the rooms wouldn't smell anymore. At the age of 16 I was on my own.

Avalanche drives off.

Avalanche: I moved from one place to the next it was easy I was on the road most of the time. Dropped out of school, ironically perfoming in High School gyms most nights. Wrestling is the only constant. But wrestling is fickle guys come and go the minute you get used to one he's off for bright lights and bigger paychecks somewhere your not Japan, Mexico, Florida, Conneticut, Georgia, anywhere with decent pay. It's hard to have friends. People to tell you what you need to do how to go about things. I have a match with Makeshift and I can only think of two things. One he looks like that little kid on south park when he's trying to take over the world. Two the best offense for a guy with his moves is a guy with my old moves.

The phone begins to ring Avalanche holds his finger up to the camera. He quickly pulls over putting the car in park.

Avalanche: Can't this wait. Yeah that was me on the show. Why would I tell you how often do we even speak. Yeah I know what Thursday is. So that just means that we start talking again all of a sudden. I don't really see how that's supposed to change anything between you and me. Yeah you got your chip kudos for you, it only took you how long to do it. Nothing is wrong with me I just moved on a long time ago. I dunno why I went to the house ok. I'll be there Thurday I visit her grave more often then you do and it's going to take a whole lot more than you to ever stop me from visiting mom's grave. Dad, I'm hanging up.

Avalanche pulls up through a nice quiet meadow trees speckling the area. The area perfectly still like a picture in time, only the low rumble of Avalanche's truck disturbing the peace. He opens the door stepping out the camera man mimicking his move on the other side. Avalanche shuts his door quietly. His long brown hair, normally in a ponytail, straight down to it's sides. He looks at the cameraman.

Avalanche: I agreed to let you guys follow me around tape everything I do, I gave you rooms in my home and I feed you. You treat anything that's about to happen with respect today you are invisible, you do not interfere with anything and you do not try to comfort anyone you see here. And you hide this thing.

Avalanche shakes the camera.

Avalanche: You hide it as much as possible there are other people at this cemetary and I doubt they want to see some guy filming a reality show. Got it.

The camera bobs up and down confirming Avalanches request.

Avalanche slowly walks over towards his mothers grave. He kneels beside her grave he looks at the camera again.

Avalanche: My mothers grave she died fifteen years ago in a car accident. My father had gotten into one of his drunken rages. She was leaving me I was already in the car waiting for her. She loved him always did I knew she'd never leave him not totally I thought we were going to go stay somewhere for a month or two. Dad would realize his mistake sober up, she'd take him back one big happy family. As I said he was drunk again they were yelling back and forth. Dad had never hit her wasn't like that. Honestly I think he never meant to hurt me, he was just so drunk he didn't know where he was. Mom's eyes were full of tears she shouted every four letter word in the book at him and a couple gestures. She turned around to get in the car and she was gone.

Tears begin trickling down Avalanches eyes as he cries, the camera man moves in closer then as if remembering what Avalanche said pulls away.

Bonesaw: It was some punk' sommmme keid. She was so pissed off at me, her eeyes so full of tears, yeeah. That she didn't see him. They never caught him hit and run, nobodie even knows why he was in the neighborhood.

Bonesaw kneels beside Avalanche putting his hand on his shoulder. Avalanche pulls away at first but just begins to sob.

Bonesaw: The depression hit. Both of us I hit the bottle and brotherrr I hit the bottle. Bruce... Avalanche here he hit the gym. Then I hit him, I...I don't know what came over me between the drugs and the bottle I'm sure I thought I was helping. Trying to get him away from wrestling. Yeeeah. I couldn't stand the fact that even though he'd seen what happend to me he was bound to do the same thing.

Bonesaw turns to Avalanche holding his son tight.

Bonesaw: Son I'm sorry, it was my fault. All of it. I'm so sorry. I'm a different man now... That's not true I'm the same man, but I know what I'm doing now. I know that I was hurting you and your mom. I didn't realize it then because I was in so much pain. From in the ring from out of the ring everything was a haze. I'm so sorry.

Avalanche pushes him away looking at him in horror.

Avalanche: I'm sorry. I was drunk and got your mother killed but I'm better now, so love me. I was on cocaine so I put you through a bed and got you put in a hospital. I'm sorry I didn't love you enough to stop them from taking you away.

Bonesaw: I thought that's what you wanted taken away from me.

Avalanche: I wanted my father. Not the drunken slob that walked around the house after he lost his job but my dad. The guy who trained me to be a wrestler ten seconds after I was born. Not the man who drank away the sore muscles and snorted the high of the crowd.

Avalanche burst into tears again. Bonesaw hugs his son as he begins crying too.

Bonesaw: I miss her too.

Avalanche: I miss you.

Bonesaw: I told you I'm back. I've got my chip. I've got my priorities now.

They both stand up rubbing the tears from there cheeks as they walk to Avalanches truck.

Bonesaw: I saw the promo you cut when you were parked out front the other day. That was some emotional stuff.
Avalanche: How did you see that it hasn't even been on TV yet.

Bonesaw: George I believe your cousin calls him the truck monkey. Anyhow seems you think you have an in-ring problem, I think maybe I could help out a little bit if you'd like.

Avalanche: Who...

Avalanche shakes off the name not understanding who his father is talking about.

Avalanche: What do you think that you can do to help me it's been damn near twenty years since you've been in a wrestling ring.

Bonesaw: Well boyyie, I know what your problem is, oh yeeah. Time to visit that dusty gym again.

Avalanche and Bonesaw pull up to Frank's gym they both just stare at the building for a moment. Finally Bonesaw, a mountain of a man with Avalanche signature ponytail the only addition a beard, opens the door stepping out. Avalanche wearing his favored denim jeans and a t-shirt look has his hair at his sides, as he looks at him a little apprehensive before opening his door and slowly stepping out. The two of them go to the door letting thereselves in. They look around Avalanche hadn't much cleaning the last time.

Bonesaw: Well looks like we should probably clean up before we do anything. I'll be in the office straightening up.

Avalanche: No! I don't think so I'm not going to be out here cleaning, working my ass off while you go into that office and take a nap.

Bonesaw: Yes you will. See there are two reasons you will, boy. The first is I'm not gonna go in there and sit on my ass. It's been a long time since either of us spent time with the other. You haven't seen me in a long time, and that was your choice. But when I say I'm going to go clean the office that means I'm going to get rid of the three bottles of rum in the bottom drawer of the desk that Frank used to keep around, and to clean the rest of the office. Two if we want to get this place up and running again we'll need a proper work space and that office, to me, seems like a work place.

Avalanche: Up and running, I thought you were just showing me what I needed to know to win my match.

Bonesaw: Well as you so pointedly explained when you cut that promo in front of the house. I have nothing to do with my spare time, living off the little money I've saved since I left the business. You should think about that future yourself, besides if I manage to train you maybe I'll just continue on. Train others but that's down the line right now we're cleaning out this gym and teaching you what you need to know. You should start with the floors.

Avalanche: But if I start with the floors I'll have to clean them again when we clean the top of everything.

Bonesaw: I know

Avalanche watches his father walk off towards the office, as a look of confusion strikes his own face. He looks around at the mess in front of him pulling his hair in a ponytail he sets to work. Hours later Bonesaw walks out of the office. Avalanche looks at him puzzled again.

Avalanche: How exactly are we going to open the gym, Frank's been gone eight years now the only reason I can get in is because the bank doesn't know where the key is.

Bonesaw: What bank? All the years you've been coming here have you ever seen a for sale sign, do you think a bank would just let property sit for eight years. At the very least they'd have sold what was inside it. Frank left me this gym in his will. The only reason it's never been sold is because it was the only way i could help with your career without you finding out, with you accepting it.

Avalanche just shrugs his shoulders with a nod.

Bonesaw: Now, have you figured out why you've been cleaning floors all day.

Avalanche: You watched karate kid too many times before I picked you up today.

Bonesaw: You've got a match against a clown that looks like a comic book villian. I don't understand that by the way in my day some ridiculous costume wasn't necessary. There was no need to wear a mask, though there was this one time... But that kid wasn't a wrestler, and he cheated somehow anyway super roids or something. Back to you. You've got a match with a ground and pound guy. You've got two choices you can go out there and be the high flying and go at it full on like you always...

Avalanche: I'm not sure if I can, it's cost me so much.

Bonesaw: Well that is a problem. Your afraid, son it's that fear that will cost you. Fear is the breeding ground for errors in this business. But the second is we need to compliment your skills jumping as high as you can, as far as you can will only carry you so far. Now get in the ring.

Outside of the gym a sign hangs. Reading: Free Wrestling Shows with Membership. Confused people walked right in signed the papers. Avalanche and Bonesaw watched as they walked in realizing most of them would never come back in but gladly accepted there money. The free show of course would either be video taped showings of various old pay-per-views. The two guys look around the redesigned gym. The ring was obviously the focal piece in the center of the gym along the wall various pay per view posters lined the walls, sharing the space with various costumes (including a peculiar red and black webbed costume) and bits of hardcore relics, broken 2x4, chairs,a crutch and other various weapons. A few of the people started working out being there for purely that reason, others went directly to the chairs setup around the ring. Avalanchetakes a look around the packed gym people working out, people there to watch him get schooled. Goosebumps raise up on his arms as he walks to the back to get ready. Avalanche walks up to his locker opening it with a clang. Avalanche looks through his singlets trying to figure out the best one to wear. Bonesaw walks in tossing something in front of him.

Bonesaw: I bought it off an online auction after you were injured. According to eBay it's your first one you ever wore in ring. Looks like the same pair I bought when you turned fifteen. I remember you saying they were too big. I told you I'd done it on purpose because when they fit you'd be at the show.

Avalanche runs his hands over the outfit, a pair of blue and white shorts unlike the singlets he normally wears. They fit more in line with a boxer than a wrestler he looks at his dad, who gives a little chuckle.

Bonesaw: You hated the thought of going to the ring in your underwear so I went out and got a pair of boxing trunks. Blue was your favorite color so I thought you'd enjoy wearing it. I never got to see you wrestle in them so I thought maybe you could train in them. Alex is waiting in the ring so we're ready when you are. Just remember try to stay out of the air.

Bonesaw leaves Avalanche in the room looking at the trunks. Still just staring at the trunks Avalanche looks at the camera.

Avalanche: I don't understand it. I'm nervous I've been doing this for almost twenty years and I'm terrified of walking out in front of a crowd of about forty. People that I don't know and most likely won't ever see again, but I'm scared to death my nerves are all over the place. Maybe it's residual nerves these trunks, my father. It's exactly how my first match should have been. Instead my first match was in some po-dunk town in northwest Iowa. It was held inside a supermarket that had gotten itself shutdown, we rented it out for the night. The biggest attraction on the card was the four local strippers we'd hired and booked in an all bets off match. The way you one was you were the last one naked we charged five bucks admission, with three dollar beers. My match was only third of five, but the only thing they'd wanted to see was the strippers which were on after me. The guys were tanked by the time we went on. The had no interest in the wrestling by the time my match was half way over a skirmish erupted between three of the guys in the auidence. We had to stop our match and play bouncer, I got cut here.

Avalanche pulled a part near his hairline showing a inch long scar.

Avalanche: The cops came shortly after my cut the local guys got to go home. They'd all swore up and down that the wrestlers had gotten angry at the fans and challenged them to a match. When they refused we just attacked them. We sat in jail all night without being charged, finally they let us go realizing there was no evidence. That was my first match eventually they slowly got better.

Avalanche quickly changes walking out in front of the small audience his entrance video playing over the dozens of TVs setup around the gym. He steps out feeling awkward in the blue boxing shorts the few people all cheering at once even some of the guys on the work out equipment stop to give a yell. Avalanche runs towards the ring in his typical slide in fashion. Bonesaw steps in front of him just before he can slide inAvalanche looks at him annoyed.

Bonesaw: Feet on the ground. Running like that should probably change too. I don't care how you get in the ring as long as your feet are on the ground, now try it again.

Avalanche turns around looking a bit embarrased, facing the ring again he does a kind of half jog unsure of himself unsure of how to get into the ring. He takes his time climbing the ring steps, planning his entry into the ring. Avalanche drops to the ring mat on the apron rolling into the ring on his side doing a spin on his back to his feet. Bonesaw looks on shaking his head but not forcing Avalanche to do it over. Bonesaw looks at the two men, aggitated.

Bonesaw: Ding ding.

Avalanche and Alex lock up in the center of the ring, Avalanche quickly gains the upper hand twisting Alex's arm behind him before delivering a clubbing blow to the back of his head. Avalanche clubs him again as he stumbles away, grabbing his arm Avalanche tosses him into the turnbuckle. Avalanche jumps onto the top rope about to deliver a springboard dropkick but Bonesaw quickly grabs the rope throwing Avalanche off balance causing him to fall to the mat. Alex quickly recovers stomping Avalanche in the guts several times. He begins to pull Avalanche to his knees, Avalanche quickly executes a double leg take down causing Alex to land flat on his back. Avalanche heads towards the turnbuckle but stops. He just looks at Alex unsure of what to do.

Bonesaw: Submission.

Avalanche delivers a few kicks to the ribs still not sure what submission to use. Avalanche puts his leg across Alexs throat turning him over so that Alex is on top. Avalanche pulls the back of Alex's head towards his leg essentially choking him. But Avalanche releases him as Bonesaw slides into the ring. Avalanche stands back in one corner trying to figure out what Bonesaw is doing.

Bonesaw: Are you readddiiee.

Avalanche jumps into the air for a dropkick but Bonesaw sidesteps him throwing him down to the mat again. Bonesaw delivers a jumping knee drop. Avalanche doubles over in pain as Bonesaw pulls him to his feet. Bonesaw puts Avalanche in a belly to back piledriver position, Avalanche uses his agility to roll up delivering a few blows to Bonesaw.

Bonesaw: Your off your feet.

Avalanche: That was your fault not mine.

Bonesaw goes flying through the air as Avalanche turns what should have been a piledriver into a hurricanrana. Bonesaw lays on the mat Avalanche looks at him on the ground before deciding to apply a sleeper hold. Bonesaw grasp at the back of Avalanche's neck flipping him over and applying a sleeper hold on Avalanche. Avalanche doesn't give up wrestling slowly to his feet delivering a few blows to Bonesaws gut. Bonesaw finally releases the hold taking a jab to the jaw. The two of them tie it up in the center of the ring. Bonesaw whispers

Bonesaw: Whip me into the turnbuckle. Follow up with a finisher.

Avalanche whips him into the turnbuckle. Quickly Avalanche sets him up for the Fall Down connecting he covers Bonesaw.

The fans all count in unison. Afterwords Avalanche and Bonesaw sign autographs wishing everyone to come back. The last of the fans and the guys working out all leave. Bonesaw turns to Avalanche.

Bonesaw: You were lost out there. When I was on the ground you had no clue what to do. Do you know a single mat move

Avalance: I usually get on the top rope when someone is flat on there back. Why spend five minutes applying a sleeper hold that almost never works, when I could do a Moonsault cause emense pain and pin the guy 1. 2. 3.

Bonesaw: I thought you'd say something like that, we've got a lot of work ahead of us.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Just so you know what's headed your way.