Avalanche: Adversity

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
The fans sit in the empty arena staring at the ramp waiting for the next match up the next man to walk out. A low rumble begins then cuts out, the rumble begins again this time with a little music. The auidence looks around trying to determine who it is. Some people whisper there theories. Suddenly the music hit's at full volume blaring out over the fans in attendance. "South Texas Death Ride" by Union Underground. Most of the fans still don't realize what that means a few of the fans are extremly pumped, causing everyone to roar. Everyone realizing this is a rare event that only happens so often. Avalanche walks out and the crowd get's even louder as the former multiple champion walks out towards the ring, not in his normal wrestling attire but in a pair of blue jeans and a tie-dye t-shirt.

Avalanche: How are you guys

The auidence goes wild. Avalanche gives a quick little laugh.

Avalanche: I’m glad to be here in ACW I've spent the last seven months sitting at home. I gave the guys in the truck a little video

Monoxide out of pure rage quickly runs towards Avalanche and spears him into the garage wall. The tremendous impact of the spear busts a whole in the wall and sends both competitors to the concrete two stories below outside. The ref jumps down and yells for medical assistance. The camera gets a view of the two men who are laying lifeless on the concrete below.

The video stops the auidence gasping.

Avalanche: That’s who I was. It's the cliche as old as wrestling, wrestler gets a serious injury. He's told if he'll be lucky if he ever walks again. I was in the wheel chair for four months I was bored I was frustrated and I missed my passion. So I got up. I started walking at the age of 27 I was using a walker, then crutches, then I walked, and then I could run. Now three months later I can wrestle. This business can kill you.

Avalanche takes a minute reflecting and gathering his thoughts, as pictures of Professionals permenantly injured or taken to early in life appear on screen. Eddie Guerrero, Curt Henning, Davey Boy Smith, Umaga, the Von Erichs, Brian Pillman, Droz and many others flash on the screen Owen Hart being the last

Avalanche: This buisness is a huge risk we all know it going in. Most of the guys that inspired me to become a wrestler died before they reached fifty. We never believe that it can happen to us though. I think we're all addicted to it we love this buisness with such a passion. It's the passion that drives me, it's driven me to this point.

Avalanche turns looking to the screen once again.

Avalanche pulls up to the outside of a bland looking three-story building. Looking at it, it's very non-descript a brick building with lots of windows obviously some sort of institution. Avalanche motions for the camera operator to follow him they enter the building a couple of nurses greet him, expecting him. On the desk, it says McCollum Sports Rehab Clinic. Avalanche walks past rooms of injured athletes Football, Baseball, Hockey stars from every sport injured in one way or another. Avalanche continues walking until he reaches a room with all kinds of equipment. A treadmill, a set of balance bars, and far to the side weights.

Avalanche: This is the room you break down and cry any man that has come through this hospital has balled his eyes out in this room. It sounds cliché but we take walking for granted. Imagine you walk everyday of your life probably twenty every day when you add it all up. One day you can't do that anymore, you just can't you don't know why? You do it every day but something stops you sometimes it's not even pain. Sometimes there isn't even pain to stop you something just disrupted the signal from you brain to your legs and they don't move they don't feel at all. Slowly day by day you reconnect those neurons. That's when the pain hits.

Avalanche holds up a vhs tape as one of the nurses rolls a cart with a TV and VCR over to him. He pops the tape into the VCR.

Avalanche: Can you believe they still use these?

The tape begins to play as Avalanche adjusts the tracking. Avalanche is dressed in your normal hospital gown sitting in a wheel chair looking perturbed. The nurses tell him to get up and walk. He attempts using the bars to lift himself out of the chair he gently places a foot on the ground, lets out a blood-curdling scream, and falls to the ground.

Avalanche: The pain was so unbearable I couldn't hold on I kept this tape as a reminder that this business is brutal.

Avalanche presses play once again it jumps to him sitting back in his wheelchair. He pulls himself out of the wheelchair and back on to the balance bars. Placing his foot down and then his other pure agony across his face, he takes a step forward and then another and another before collapsing. The scene this time jumps to him walking less pain on his face but still difficult. The tape continues with Avalanche improving each time until he's walking on his own. Finally, he walks over and begins lifting weights.

Avalanche turns the tape off and the nurse wheels away the TV and VCR. Avalanche walks over to the weights. Looking down at them solemnly.

Avalanche: My stay here was 6 months I worked out with these weights for two of those months before I finally returned home. Still uncleared to wrestle. Adversity means to overcome the unthinkable; to borrow a phrase to do what they said can't be done. I walked when they told me I wouldn't be able to. I've been cleared to wrestle when they told me that would never be possible. Well all of my career they've told me that I'd never be a champion. That I was the comedic upper mid card guy, I'd get title shots but I'd choke when it came down to the line. I've held every title this company has ever had except the one that means the most. The one that I want more than anything in this world. I don't care who I pin to get it or how long that I'm champion. I could have the shortest title reign in history I'd hold it for 44 seconds just to hold the thing.

Avalanche pauses collecting his thoughts.

Avalanche: I know what you’re all thinking, you’re thinking Avalanche, who the hell is this guy.

A clip begin to play. Avalanche defeatsMonoxide for the CWA Deathmatch Championship. Another match begins this time Avalanche winning the CWA Commonwealth Championship. The clips continue a few sporadic middle division titles and several Hardcore and Deathmatch titles.

Avalanche: Now I know what your thinking. Oh your brother hired you, you must have a guaranteed title shot. The truth is I haven’t asked. I’m sure I could have one if I wanted he knows what I’ve done and what I’m capable of. But that’s not the kind of guy I am.

Avalanche turns pointing at the riot act poster.

Avalanche: At Riot Act I’ll announce to the world who my first opponent in ACW will be. Stay Tuned.

Status
Not open for further replies.