Austin vs. Lesnar

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
The Steve Austin vs. Brock Lesnar talk continues as Lesnar has harsh words for Austin in a new interview with IGN. Lesnar said:

“There’s a guy that’s been on a winning streak for a long time that somebody needs to step up to the plate and finish the winning streak. But then there’s another side of me that says if there was a chance for me to come back to fight a guy, it would be the guy that I was supposed to fight that chicken-sh**ted out on me and didn’t show up, and that would be “Stone Cold†Steve Austin.

“Stone Cold†Steve Austin chicken-sh**ted out on me and walked away and didn’t want to participate because he thought that I was getting something too fast too soon and he felt threatened by me.â€

Steve Austin posted the following on his twitter:

"So @DCBROCKLESNAR was talking trash about me...very interesting. Gonna finish my beverage and mull this one over...catch y'all tomorrow."
"Trying to go to sleep..but this @DCBROCKLESNAR thing is winding me up a bit...relax....breath...relax...breathe....no use..to be continued.."

Interesting mini feud going on here. It started during an interview Lesnar did to promote his inclusion in the new WWE '12 video game where he said that Austin screwed him out of a match because Austin was afraid of how big Lesnar was becoming. Austin clearly isn't too happy about what Lesnar said but unfortunately this won't lead to anything since Lesnar is in UFC and Austin has a bad neck and can probably only work one more match.

Let's pretend that all the stars aligned and both guys were back in WWE will the sole purpose being to have a match.

Would you want to see it? How would you book it? Who would win?

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Don't want to see Lesnar in the WWE ring ever again. He doesn't deserve it. If Austin had the ability for one more match I'd rather see it against Punk or someone else actually relevant to wrestling.

Chris Dresdon

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Austin got pissed because they wanted to give away Stone Cold vs. Brock on free television with no promotion. Not to mention with the condition his neck was in at that time, he had no business taking an F5. Brock running his mouth irritates me because it's his version of the truth, so to speak. At one time I may have wanted to see the match but don't have much interest nowadays.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
While I am a fan of Brock and I really do hope we see him in the ring again, no way he should go against Austin. Lesnar doesn't deserve it one bit and I would be really annoyed to see Lesnar take Punk's spot to face Austin. Punk loves the business and has worked his ass off to get to the spotlight. Lesnar could care less about wrestling, give it to the guy that is the man right now and that truly loves the busines...CM PUNK!!

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Could not agree more. Lesnar needs to grow up, if he wants to return to wrestling, even if only for one match, then he should make it happen, if not keep his month shut and focus on his UFC career. Besides Austin VS. Lesnar is would not be what it could have been in say 2003.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I was a huge fan of Brock during his WWE run and I am a fan of him now in the UFC but I was annoyed at the way he walked out on WWE with such short notice. Lesnar walking out with one week's notice whilst he was one of the top names in the company is probably why WWE are reluctant to push any new younger stars right to the top these days. I would still like to see him return for one more match because his WWE career shouldn't have ended with that terrible match against Goldberg, give him one more match to leave WWE on a good note and give fans a good match to end it with. If he did return it would have to be against a big name but I wouldn't pick Austin because if he only has one match left in him I would like it to be against Punk. I would put Lesnar against Cena. Cena is the perfect opponent for him because at the same time Lesnar was dominating WWE Cena was just underneath the mainevent and he even had a title shot against Lesnar. It would be an easy feud to sell.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
Another interesting guy would be Sheamus. I know a bit of an odd paring but those two powerhouses against each other would be reall fun. Both very athletic and agile, it be perfect.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Think I would go with Sheamus over Cena to face Lesnar. Brock and Cena feuded in 2003, and the matches were very poor.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
But this is a one off match so the match quality from eight years ago doesn't come into it. Cena is a much better wrestler now then he was back then and Lesnar would be able to work a single match. Sheamus would be a good idea especially if by then they build Sheamus up as a top face.