Austin himself speaks on why he wasn't at RAW 1000

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
On July 23, 2012 WWE celebrated the 1,oooth episode of Monday Night Raw. I watched the show from my home in Los Angeles. After watching the show, I got on my Twitter account, @steveaustinBSR, to read responses to the show. There were many people blaming Vince McMahon and the WWE for not having SCSA on the show. And there were some folks who had some very negative things to say about me, personally.

The reason I did not attend RAW 1,000 was because I underwent a major knee surgery on my left knee on July 2, 2012. Dr. Neal ElAttrache of the Kerlan-Jobe Orthopaedic Clinic in Los Angeles, CA performed the surgery.

The surgery was a complete success. I am currently three weeks post op. I began physical therapy a few days ago. I had a world class surgeon and a great medical team working on me. I am now working with a top notch PT team. I am still on crutches and will probably lose the crutches in another week. Then I will be in a custom knee brace much like the braces I wore in the ring for 9-12 weeks.

STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN IS A 100% ASS KICKING MACHINE. There was no way I was going to limp down the ramp on crutches for RAW 1,000. It was time to get my knee fixed. The decision to no-show RAW 1,000 was made by me and no one else. I have always taken pride in making my shots and have never faked an injury or illness. Pro Wrestling is a tough game and it was time to pay the piper for some of the damage I incurred in the ring. No gripes. No complaints.

To the fans that were hoping to see SCSA, I’m sorry I missed the show. I would have loved to be there under different circumstances. I normally keep my personal business to myself, but due to feedback and incorrect speculation, I have posted this blog and given the 411 on why I was not at RAW 1,000.

I will post more blogs about my PT and recovery soon.

Hope his knee gets back to 100%

Source Stone Cold's own website

Lacky

Champion
Reaction score
Get well soon Steve!

& that's the bottom line, because I said so.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
I'm glad he didn't show tbh, the whole reason I love seeing Steve is for a nostalgia trip. Him limping around on crutches is not what I want to see.

Matt

Champion
Reaction score
I LOVE YOU STONECOLD

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Crayo said:

Meh, I like him, but he always shows up once in a while. Him on Raw 1000 going there to stun someone wouldn't be that special to me, plus, he'd probably just go there during the Slater segment.

mark_htfc

Champion
Reaction score
Fair play to him, I'd have loved to have seen him out there but if he was on crutches and not able to kick anyones but then I'm glad hr chose to stay away, as it wouldn't have felt the same.

Mark SCSA hard.

Samalan

Champion
Reaction score
Hope he gets better soon. If he did come in crutches then I would want to floor him and then laugh.

army_george

Jobber
Reaction score
hell be back before too long... and when he does come back i want to see the bald headed soab stun the shit out of some one... not walk to the ring somewhat like andre the giants chicken walk

Mainstream87

The Artiste
Reaction score
Was a real bummer not seeing Austin on Monday night...Hope to see him back soon in some fashion.