Austin gives his thoughts on several superstars

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Steve Austin gave his thoughts on several WWE superstars in the new Powerslam magazine...

On CM PUNK

"Well, I love CM Punk. That guy is already a star, and he's just breathed a much-needed breath of fresh air into the wrestling business," Austin said. "He's been working for over ten years. I'm a big fan of his—love his skills, love his promos."

On WADE BARRETT, DANIEL BRYAN, RANDY ORTON

"Of the other guys, I'm still waiting for Wade Barrett to grab me by the throat and let me know who Wade Barrett is. Daniel Bryan could continue to move up the card," Austin said. "I'm interested to see where Randy Orton goes next. His promos need work, and right now, he's a little one-dimensional. The crowds are digging him, but there's still another step on the ladder for him to climb to.

ON ALBERTO DEL RIO

"Alberto Del Rio reminds me of Gino Hernandez from the old [Dallas] Sportatorium. [He is] another one who needs to work on his promos-I don't like them worth a shit right now-but he has great ability," said Stone Cold.

"He just needs to add a few pieces to the puzzle."

ON CHRISTIAN

"Christian is a hell of a performer in the ring, and he's just had a hell of a run. He's recently added a few exclamation points to his work and his promo style-but, again, there's at least one more level for him to step up," he feels.

ON MARK HENRY

"Mark Henry has finally put the pieces together. His Money in the Bank match with Big Show was not a great match in the ring. But I love the intensity Mark is putting into his work recently. This persona is really an extension of himself: he's a big, mean, strong man, and they are presenting that well."
Would say he was pretty accurate on these though Christian for me was too much of a typical chicken shit heel for my liking. Agreed with him on Del Rio. Guy is talented but I just don't like his promos. Pretty much expected his comments on Punk which are pretty spot on and is also spot on about Wade and Mark Henry who is doing a great job with his chance he has been given. And Orton is at that point where he needs to get himself interesting again but the guy is in his prime right now in terms of in ring work.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I think we all forget that ADR is still relatively new to English and learned how to speak it in FCW. He to me interacts better with another guy or speaking Spanglish as opposed to speaking to the crowd directly, which is where a lot of foreigners have problems in all facets because of a fear of messing up, in front of a massive group

We all judge him like he is Rey or Eddie, who English was just as natural as Spanish growing up for.

ADR ia a quick study but it doesn't seem natural yet to me when he cuts a program in English in front of the crowd.

jamie

Reaction score
He is spot on with Orton ive been a bit bored with him for a while

AF.

Reaction score
Love everything about Orton atm, except his character. So yeah, Austin's spot on but his points are also widely regarded as others peoples thoughts too.

Daniel Bryan isn't going anywhere though, to tell the truth. Austin just didn't want to bury him.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
He hit the nail on the head with Wade Barrett. That guy has the potential to go on to be a mega heel imo, but WWE needs to let him do something big. He was on fire when he led Nexus, but after that WWE just let all his momentum die. Of all the guys mentioned be Austin, I think Wade needs some work the most.

Onyx

Reaction score
I agree with Austin 100%. Stone Cold is one of the business who knows his stuff. I especially agree with him about my favourite of the current PG Era, "Wade Barrett". I think Wade Barrett deserves a push, to show his character more. I think a push for Barrett could indeed spill well for him and even WWE. Wade Barrett is a great Heel and my favourite Heel in the PG Era.