Aubrey Signs AEW Contract Extension

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Aubrey Edwards will continue to be a referee in AEW for the foreseeable future.

Aubrey Edwards refereed the first-ever World championship match in AEW history. Since then, she has become one of the most identifiable referees in modern pro wrestling. While Aubrey does sometimes face criticism on the internet, she says that the people that make the decisions are happy with her work.

Speaking on the Into the Danger Zone podcast with Chris Denker, Aubrey Edwards revealed that she has signed a contract extension with the promotion while discussing some of the hate she receives online.

“People have a lot of opinions of wrestling, but unless you're in the discussion about the match, you don't fully understand all of the things that are being talked about, right? Ultimately, if the wrestlers I work with are happy, and my bosses are happy -- I got a contract extension this year. So clearly, I'm doing something good. If those are the people that ultimately determine my future, and if they're happy, that's all that matters. Making other people on Twitter happy? That's just a bonus.”

The length of the extension was not specified.

Elsewhere in the interview, Aubrey discussed eventually wanting to work on the AEW console video game.

Reactions: Hidden Blaze

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
“People have a lot of opinions of wrestling, but unless you're in the discussion about the match, you don't fully understand all of the things that are being talked about,
Be a better ref

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
Referees in AEW are meh. I watched a 8 man tag last week with the Super Elite(cringe) where all members of the one team ganged up on the babyface in the ring for about a minute straight and the ref did nothing to try and stop it.

Referees are just as significant as plant fans as this point

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Their feckless refs are the worst part of AEW.

I was pointing that out in New Japan too.

Call Vince an out of touch senile old man, but at least their referees stop matches when needed.....outside of last nights Raw lol