Attitude Era Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
JsNyaKB.gif

So when I was gone for a couple of Weeks I put to use having all the WCW Nitros/PPVS from 1996-1999 so far as well as Raw from 96-99 to great use. I haven't seen these Shows outside a Match or two over the Years so it feels like the first time. So I decided itself of going through a huge Review I thought why not put up a Thread talking about the Attitude Era including ECW. So this Fan Club you put in Matches, your thoughts on the Era even Puro Wrestling from that Era. I just finished The Royal Rumble from 98 and it's pretty crazy how the WWE had changed from 96-98.

Austin wins the Rumble was heavy handled for the win but he was surging so hard by this time you had to have Stone Cold win that Rumble. It's interesting what the WWE looks like if Shawn doesn't need to retire and has to drop the title to Austin. Don't get me wrong Austin still wins at WM 14 but what happens to Shawn and DX? Shawn loses, do they do an Rematch at Unforgiven? Does Shawn join up with Vince and the Corporation not as a GM/Commissioner but this time as a Wrestler? I still think Rock vs HBK in 98 or 99 would of been insane as The Rock was Week to Week getting better on the Microphone and in the Ring.

Ayo what was the WWE doing with Owen and Goldust in 98 by Rumble time for real? When it comes to Goldust the Interview he had talking about his life dealing with his Dad and of all then after the passing of Pillman they just have him dump Marlena for Luna. I wonder was Dustin having troubles with Marlena at this time because they divorced in 99 so that was my thought or maybe Luna worked with where they wanted Goldust to go. If not that being the Case Marlena who was a knockout to me would of been able to extreme with her look but maybe she wanted to be home with her Daughter more at the time. As for Owen damn his return Segment with Vince was amazing. He was never more badass for me and watching it for the first time in ages warmed my soul. He should of been the guy facing HBK at the In Your House: Degeneration X PPV instead of Shamrock. I guess feuding with Trips who at that point hadn't done a damn thing was a good second prize but he shouldn't of had a meaningless Raw Match with HBK which I think was for the Title maybe not but it should of been on a PPV I thought. What a weird way to go with Owen he feuds with Triple H/European Title and before long he's tagging with Double J, nearly killing Dan Severn, and going back to the Blue Blazer.

Mick Foley Jesus I felt so bad for him at times and this has nothing to do with him not being pushed so far. He was pushed really well while bringing to the forefront Dude Love, and Cactus Jack. I'm talking about the punishment he took. He had a 2 on 1 Match with the New Age Outlaws where I was like man does Mick need to take a Chairshot straight in the face like that. He took so many of those from not just Road Dogg, Taker as well. I'm going to be crying my eyes out once I get to Taker vs Mankind in Hell in a Cell. Speaking about the Outlaws my God did they piss off al the Tag Teams in the Division or what :lol

Reactions: Death By Looch

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS

Just got done this Raw a few minutes go man what a moment. WCW might of had Rodman, Malone, and Jay Leno as their Celebs they were using but come on Tyson was a whole another breed of a Celebrity in 98. Just days before I turned 10, Austin and Tyson would set the World on fire with their confrontation on Raw. Austin looked so badass wanting to take on a former Heavyweight Champion which further let them know Austin was the right guy to take the title off of Shawn. Speaking about Shawn I do remember him saying the day after The Rumble he knew something was wrong with his Back, but I wonder when he get the News he would need to retire because of it.

Some other things to talk about: Windham turns on Bradshaw to join Team NWA, The Quebecers are back in Town, A Penis Cookout, DX having Sex in a Hearse, Taker is seemly dead, and Ahmed does a run in on the ground, and Vic Venom debuts.​

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
So is this a general discussion of the Attitude Era or just you rewatching it and giving your thoughts?

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
So is this a general discussion of the Attitude Era or just you rewatching it and giving your thoughts?

Both but more so giving my thoughts along the way. I'm sure when I get to ECW I will have alot of say.

Reactions: Hoss

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS

I did not sleep with that young Intern I was up all night :lol

I'm pretty sure all three of these Segments were on the same Show from 2/2/1998. If you didn't think DX was over by now the Network wanting DX and Company to clean up their act told you something was really cooking up with the WWE. I loved the Segment with Austin towards DX he was pretty much saying fuck the bullshit you are guys are doing I'm taking that World Title away from you and try to stop me. The New Age Outlaws Segment throwing Cactus Jack and Chainsaw Charlie off the Stage was freaking crazy. I loved how the Good Guys and Bad Guys wanting to get a piece of them because of their love and respect for the two Hardcore Legends. Flash Funk man he wanted to kill those two and it seemed after that people joined in the chaos. I didn't like DX telling the New Age Outlaws hey Ratings and if wasn't you guys doing that to them they might of done it to you. Granted DX wants to go over the edge I don't know promoting to cripple and paralyze talent is a good look but I rather of wanted to see Road Dogg and Gunn be remorseful and those two come up to the decision of not caring about hurting Jack and Charlie vs DX telling them good job and smarten and all that nonesense they were spitting.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS

The Austin Era has begun!

Austin is now the WWE Champion and clearly everything is starting to get hot. Austin from Day 1 tells Vince you ain't going to mold me into the Champion you want and get over it. Vince is now starting to get his hands diry wanting Austin to lose the World Title as quick as possible. Dude Love would be the man to try to get the job done but Unforgiven it wasn't his night. Vince McMahon would get his ass put to sleep after Austin hit him with a Chair into next Week. This is where the fun begins because the Vince we all know is starting to develop and it's going to make for some really interesting TV to watch in the coming weeks.

Some other things going on Owen Harr turned back to a Heel and is now with the Nation. If WWE would of let Owen be the guy who yoked up Vince he would of been fine but that didn't happen at all. Owen has always been a great Heel sucks that this doesn't last too long. Can I talk about 2 Cold who had a Tag Match with Funk vs The Headbangers from the Raw I just watched. 2 Cold to me is one biggest underated Wrestlers for sure. WWE had no clue what to do with him with that dumb ass Flash Funk Character and I was happy to see him back in ECW before too long. He could fly around the Ring and get Technical witht the best of them you fucked up there WWE.

Taker/Kane had the first Inferno Match at Unforgiven just the night before. It might of not the greatest Match of All time but it got the job done adding layers to this Rivalry. Taker wants to get a piece of Kane once again but Paul is wanting a truce between the two Brothers because Paul never wants to see his Son go through that pain after being on fire the night before. Yes Paul is Kane's Father call Maury to make sure it's legit.

Easily the strongest things going with this Raw is DX Invading Nitro. One of the ballsiest moves WWE did towards WCW showing them we don't fear you fuckers no matter how many times you guys were kicking our asses in the Ratings War. Yo what is up with WWE putting in Segments so late into the Show with the Main Event up next? I mean come on Dan Severn beating Cornette, and Sable challenging Mero to a Match why was that put there and not earlier in the Show giving more time for Goldust/Austin? You would think with what is on the line and if Austin touches Brisco he gets fired and loses his Championship that you would want a longer Match.​

Last edited: