Asian MMA Update: Jadamba vs. Pang on Legend FC, Folayang Recovering, Plus ONE FC & D

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
ONE_FC_31_SMALL_large.jpg
Once again here's a round up of the recent news, bits, and details coming out of the Asian MMA circuit.

• Eduard Folayang tells BloodyElbow.com that he had his broken nose repaired in Baguio immediately after returning from Singapore. He's in high spirits after his victory and told us, "I'm fine. I'm just recovering from the injuries. I should be okay in one month, but I'll just make sure not to compete until it heals completely."
  • Legend FC's recent signee, Jadamba Narantungalag will be getting an immediate title shot when he makes his debut on October 30th. The Mongolian, who is known for his upset victory over Akihiro Gono last year, will be facing the promotion's lightweight champ, Adrian Pang as the headlining bout of Legend FC 6 in Macau.
  • Legend FC guys didn't seem to be to pleased about the rumors that one of their top prospects, Fransino Tirta is about to get signed by ONE FC. They told me that he's indeed still signed to the Hong Kong-based promotion.
  • Despite losing to Yoshiyuki Yoshida, ONE FC has announced that Phil Baroni will be getting another shot with the promotion.
  • URCC 20 is on November 5, and with it being a milestone of sorts, the promotion is planning something big to go with it. They say it will be the biggest card they've ever set up and they're planning a few surprises to make it really special. Stay tuned to Bloody Elbow for more details on this.
  • I attended the URCC University Challenge this past weekend, which had 16 amateur bouts with fighters competing from the different colleges in the Philippines. My brother took a bunch of videos and photos, and as soon as we finish trying our best Ekc and Esther impersonation, I'll post the video highlight here.
  • Apparently, DEEP is hosting a show on the same day as UFC Japan. This was posted on DEEP's blog (HT: Fight Jerk). They won't be going at the same time though, as the UFC is planning to start their show at 10 a.m.
  • Thailand's new MMA promotion, DARE, will be hosting their second show on September 24, and is having tournaments at eight weight divisions. The winners will be splitting $1,000,000 in cash, and considering the exchange rate, and the cost of living in Thailand and in other South East Asian countries, that would be a good payday for the up-and-coming fighters who are joining. They will be streaming the event online, and will be charging it at $4.95. Check out their excellent looking promo: