Asian MMA Update: Jadamba Takes Legend FC Belt, Taimanglo Wins PXC Title, Cui Talks O

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
20110102064018_101230_164115untitled_JPG_large.jpg
Two big cards happened in the region this past weekend, and here's a brief recap of the events.

Legend FC 6 happened in Macau, Jadamba Narantungalag defeated Adrian Pang in an entertaining bout to take his Legend FC lightweight belt. The Sengoku veteran won a split decision the scores of 29-28 twice and 28-29.

"Pang is a very good fighter and his striking is very hard, strong. His heel hook is very strong, but I couldn’t tap out because I wanted to be the first Mongolian MMA champion. I couldn’t tap."

Wang Guan, Sam Brown and Rob Hill also turned in good performances on the night. Check out the full results and the event report from Chris Nelson here.

Also from this past weekend, PXC 27 was hosted in Guam. The country's most popular bantamweight, 'Baby' Joe Taimanglo, took on their current lightweight champ, Harris Sarmiento as they met at featherweight for the vacant PXC strap. Taimanglo brought it to the much bigger and more experienced fighter and eventually earned the nod from the judges, crowning him as their new featherweight champ.

Justin Cruz successfully defended his bantamweight belt on the card that also had J.J. Ambrose and Hyun Gyu Lim putting on quality performances. Check out the highlights from the event:

After the jump, more excellent videos and updates coming from One FC and the URCC.

- Here's a video interview with ONE Fighting Championship CEO and Owner, Victor Cui as he talks about the ONE FC network, and confirms our report about their ongoing negotiations with DREAM:

- For Filipino MMA, check out this preview video for the upcoming URCC 20 bout between Reydon 'The Filipino Bolo Punch' Romero, and Jessie Rafols. The dialog is in Filipino, but it still shows some quality footage from their training camps:

- Speaking of URCC 20, check out James Goyder's interview with lightweight champion, Honorio Banario as he talks about preparing to defend his title on November 5.