Are your friends and girlfriends similar or different than you?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

MikeRaw

Kinda random here, but when you choose your friends and girlfriend or boyfriend (for the very few girls we have here), what do you look for? No, I don't mean the "what hair colour and height do they have to have", I mean, do you look for someone who is similar to you, or completely different? And why?
For me, with friends, I look for similar people. I don't think people can hang out with people all 100% different from them, or at least I can't. I like friends to be pretty similar, so that there's things we have in common when hanging out.
For a girfriend though, I don't like anyone too similar. In fact, usually, I like someone different in most aspects. I think it'd be weird to date someone who likes all the same things, probably because it'd seem too much like a friend.
Do you look for people similar or different than you?

noumenon

I think my friends are pretty diverse. I've got some who are really similar to me, they're always great to hang out with when you need to sit down and have a deep discussion and all that. I've got a bunch of friends who are really out there and wild. Of course they're great to have around when you need a good party. I think it's important to keep a pretty diverse group of people around you, that way you've got the best of all worlds.
As far as my fiance and I, I think we're pretty different people. I mean we agree where it counts. But what's the point of dating someone who has the same opinions and feelings on everything that you do? Where the hell are the good discussions going to come from? She's fairly shy...I tend to be pretty loud and not to sound like an ass buy I'm usually that guy that you see 10 people crowded around at a party.

However, on the other end of the spectrum I am a pretty stubborn and thick headed person. If someone is a complete 180 from me chances are we're going to butt heads pretty hard and a friendship wouldn't even work out.

Reaction score
Australia... and no, I do not ride around on a Kan
I make friends with people because of:
1. Kindness, if they are a good person.
2. Personality.

I would never say no to being someones friend just because they are different, say opposite sex, smaller, fat, disablities...Aslong as they are a good person then they can easily be a friend of mine and personality is a factor too.

In terms of personality some of my friends are similar, but the rest have their own "style" of personality...which is good cause how boring would it be if all your friends were the same?

PHIism

Reaction score
I don't look for anything in particular in a friend, most of my friends are quite different from me with very few similar interests, it's just a case of whether I get one with them or not.

For a boyfriend I look for pretty much the same, quite different from me but with some similar interest, that would just be for long term though, short term I'm not really assed.

★Chuck Zombie★

Reaction score
All of my friends are very different from me. We all connect on one thing....humor. I don't think any of my friends listen to the same music as me, none of them watch wrestling. Most of them do play video games though, but not usually the same ones as me.

My girlfriend (soon to be wife) likes the same music as me and other than that, we didn't have that much in common. She likes wrestling now, but didn't when we got together.

1chiban

Reaction score
Well, some of my friends are very different to me. I'm a Christian, so my Christian friends obviously share that with me, but my non-Christian friends are VERY non Christian if you get what I mean. I'm also more sensitive than some of my friends. I also like wrestling which few, if any, of my friends do anymore lol