Are you slightly more optimistic now or not?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
RAW had its 3 hour episode and most of us think it was a relatively good show to be honest. Anyone more optimistic over the up-and-coming permanent 3 hour shows?

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
I didn't sit through the show in it's entirety which probably helped.. sooo many commercials and useless segments still, it's hard to stomach. I especially hate when they come back from commercial, have entrances for a match, show 30 seconds of the match, and go to another commercial.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Well, I think that for what everyone expected to be a disaster, it was a pretty good show. I believe they're "training" with three-hour shows to be able to run them every week.

I'll See Ya Kia

Beautiful Palm Trees.
Reaction score
Hmmm. I don't want to sound like a girl, here but when I watch my soaps the last thing I need is time increases. I don't see RAW too different from when I watch Y&R and 1 hour is fine I think. Sooo, yes RAW should be simpler and sweeter. I vote 2hrs

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
One good three hour Raw doesn't mean they'll be able to pull it off every week. I still wish for it to be two hours since now Raw is gonna be technically longer than their PPVs. And I know WWE's new genius business plan is to focus on increasing ratings instead of increasing PPV buyrates (the thing that actually makes them money) but I happen to think that is ass backwards.

Matt

Champion
Reaction score
I enjoyed the show. hopefully they will all be good

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
yeah buddy, monday night raw = cleaning and cooking night. I got a grip of stuff done around here in the few minutes of commercials....5-10 minutes of raw 3 minutes of commercials.

Ill have it on the tv while it plays, and anything i feel like i really missed, ill rewatch on tube the next day. Gotta love the people willing to stream off their satellite and then youtube it just because.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
We had a 4/10 Smackdown followed by a 6/10 Raw.
That's 10 points in 1 week... they used to be lucky to get 4.

There's only one person who deserves the credit, :perfect: getting plenty of time means the show can't possibly be less than a 3.

Plus, they can fit in the Ryback/Sin Cara segments and they feel like a small part of the show instead of way too much of it. However, the commercials last night felt like 3/4ths of the show. They had plenty of backstage segments (thank you, even though the ones this week sucked) wrestlers like Daniel Bryan got more mic time to establish a character (thank you), we actually got longer matches that didn't feel like complete wastes of time (thank you)... I guess we don't have much of a reason not to be optimistic, it seemed to help the show tremendously!

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
KevinLockard23 said:
One good three hour Raw doesn't mean they'll be able to pull it off every week. I still wish for it to be two hours since now Raw is gonna be technically longer than their PPVs. And I know WWE's new genius business plan is to focus on increasing ratings instead of increasing PPV buyrates (the thing that actually makes them money) but I happen to think that is ass backwards.

Why does their business plan matter at all? Good ratings = more viewers = more buys. Them wanting good consistent ratings is a good thing for fans. I'm not sure how the IWC can find something to complain about around that.