Are you excited for Toy Story 4 next year ?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

jminter2698

The Artiste
Reaction score
When I first heard about Disney and Pixar making a Toy Story 4, I didn't like that idea and thought the ending to Toy Story 3 with Andy giving up his toys to Bonnie was just fine the way it was and it made no sense to continue the franchise from there. Then I remembered that Pixar had already done a lot of short films with the Toy Story characters in them even after Toy Story 3 such as Toy Story Of Terror (which I have on DVD) and that includes all the Toy Story shorts that don't focus on the main storyline where the previous films left off. So I'm actually happy that it won't continue from the last movie and it'll just be its own thing (although I still don't get why it's called 4 if it's not a sequel). But at least we'll find out what happened to Woody's girlfriend Bo Peep who wasn't in Toy Story 3 and we'll get Tom Hanks and Tim Allen as Woody and Buzz back and Joan Cusack back as Jessie again but it's sad that Don Rickles and R. Lee Ermey who voiced Mr Potato Head and Sarge the green soldier aren't coming back because they died recently.

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
Not really, Toy Story should have just been one movie in my honest opinion because the second one really didn't add much, and the third one was just meh and really didn't add much except for Andy giving his toys away and such. So I am not excepting much from the 4th movie.

Reactions: jminter2698

Lackin

I'm a F'kn Mark - It's my real name.
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
zFgjY9e
Should have stayed with the one movie. The only good thing to come out of the sequel was the video game on the PS1.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
No...

I stopped watching Pixar films after Cars 2...
which I thought was awful.

The Incredibles, WALL-E & Up are fantastic
films...and always will be...but like I said I
haven't watched a Pixar film in 7 years.

Reaction score
Honestly this post right here is the first I'm learning of Toy Story 4.

But yeah, I'm excited!

Mustafar Reginald

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Excited for it? No, not really. But to be honest, the only thing coming out in any form of media that I'm legitimately excited for is Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, but even that feels so far away my excitement over it has basically waned to nothingness until they announce more details for it, so there's no chance I'm going to be hyped for a movie that's coming out next year. But will I see Toy Story 4? Probably. My memories on the first two are vague since quite frankly I've only seen them once and well over a decade ago but I did enjoy Toy Story 3 a lot, and thought it's themes of growing up were well-told and more poignant than anything in most of the other Pixar movies I've seen. I'll be honest though, Toy Story 4 as a concept seems to fly in the face of that message altogether, which does make me less certain whether or not I'm even going to bother. I really wish they used Toy Story 4 as a new starting point, focusing on a different cast of toys (you could even still have a Buzz Lightyear, maybe even a Woody though I think he was a rare toy? My memories are sketchy) rather than directly continuing with the cast we have now. And I was more interested in it when Rashida Jones was writing the movie, I'm not actually particularly familiar with any of her writing but I liked her in Parks & Rec so I thought, at least that's kinda cool.

So yeah, I might see it. Come to think of it, I only seen Toy Story 3 because on one of the last days of school one year they just decided to play it on the TV monitors for some reason, so if I did see Toy Story 4 it'd be the first time I'd have to actual pay for it. Um, I don't know how I feel about that. I actually think now I'm probably not going to see it. Can't believe I flipped my position on this so quickly.

Reactions: Jay-Ashley

Redboy123@

Reaction score
all 3 toy story movies are great movies. Nuff said. I will watch Toy Story 4 and it maybe be just as good as the others. But it's no easy task to make a 4th sequel that lives up to 3 critically acclaimed smash hits.

Not really, Toy Story should have just been one movie in my honest opinion because the second one really didn't add much, and the third one was just meh and really didn't add much except for Andy giving his toys away and such. So I am not excepting much from the 4th movie.
Toy Story isn't about building universes and adding to lore and so on. The movies are about morals and lessons and they do this by personifying toys to go through emotional journeys. The first movie is about friendship and becoming empathetic. The second is about savouring the time you have facing your own mortality. The third movie is about abandonment and dealing with change.

To say the sequels don't add anything is something I disagree with. The trilogy starts at in the good old days developing friendship and love, then the realisation that nothing lasts forever, then ends with the inevitable abandonment were the characters have to accept change and move on. Toy Story was made to be a series of films. The themes and morals are all connected in every movie. Toy Story maybe for kids but the messages and lessons are very dark and adults. Pretty deep shit.

Toy Story is an allegory for life. I think it's one of the best movie trilogies in cinema. There is so much to cover and analyse in Toy Story (that I cannot even attempt to go through) it's pretty fucking amazing for an animated kids film.

As for the themes explored in Toy Story 4, I would think maybe they could go into something more philosophical. Like the questioning of existence. I think that flows well with the links between each film. Maybe even go into how the relationship between how human and toy is completely artificial.

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
Toy Story isn't about building universes and adding to lore and so on. The movies are about morals and lessons and they do this by personifying toys to go through emotional journeys. The first movie is about friendship and becoming empathetic. The second is about savouring the time you have facing your own mortality. The third movie is about abandonment and dealing with change.

To say the sequels don't add anything is something I disagree with. The trilogy starts at in the good old days developing friendship and love, then the realisation that nothing lasts forever, then ends with the inevitable abandonment were the characters have to accept change and move on. Toy Story was made to be a series of films. The themes and morals are all connected in every movie. Toy Story maybe for kids but the messages and lessons are very dark and adults. Pretty deep shit.

Toy Story is an allegory for life. I think it's one of the best movie trilogies in cinema. There is so much to cover and analyse in Toy Story (that I cannot even attempt to go through) it's pretty fucking amazing for an animated kids film.

As for the themes explored in Toy Story 4, I would think maybe they could go into something more philosophical. Like the questioning of existence. I think that flows well with the links between each film. Maybe even go into how the relationship between how human and toy is completely artificial.
Cool.